Lightroom Develop Presets won't stay applied on macOS

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My presets don't stay applied after clicking then moving my mouse away.

I've tried updating and resintalling lightroom. I've also tried changing Use Graphics Processor to Off in the preferences > performance tab. Having no luck. Would appreciate some help! 

Jess.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom & the operating system you are working on?

If you are working on Lightroom Classic, where are the original images stored on the internal or external drive? Has this started happening recently since an update to Lightroom or the macOS?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please ensure Lightroom Classic has the required permissions by following the steps shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

As a test, try this.

• Press the Alt (Win) or OPT (macOS) when launching Lightroom Classic.
  • Choose the option to create a new catalog and create a new one on the internal drive.

SameerK_0-1657631165867.png

• Import a few sample images & try using the presets now.

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!
Sameer K.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My presets don't stay applied after clicking then moving my mouse away."

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

A number of people have reported that this fixes these symptoms. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much John. I reset preferences and also followed steps to enable permissions as suggested by Sameer and I'm back in business! Appreciate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines