Exit

Lightroom does not sync with LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop 5.5 [968504]

Mac OS 10.9 (3)

I started to work with LR 5.5 Desktop two weeks before. Because the LR Mobile sync was quite unstable, I decided to start over. I used the "delete all data" option in LR Desktop -> Settings and re-logged on with my Cloud account in the LR Mobile settings.

Since then Lightroom Desktop never ever started to sync with LR Mobile again. Sync is turned on and I am logged on, Internet connection is fine. But it does not matter which collection I mark for sync, it happens nothing.

I also tried to deinstall and reinstall Lightroom Desktop itself, but no success. LR Mobile sync is still not working.

Could you please help me?

Regards, Mathias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Could you try to re-sign-in on iPad+iPhone. Should work now. There was something wrong at the back-end.

Could you describe a bit your Lightroom Mobile workflow from the very starting point on.  Did you e.g. first sign-in to Lightroom desktop, synced the collections and after that signed in to the IPhone/iPad app?

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have done all the above and it still do not sync.
"Enable sync in Lightroom...." I have done that. (in swedish)

lr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lotta,

If you look at the Collections - can you see some "from Lr Mobile"?

If not - please send us a diagnostics log from the desktop by keeping the Alt key pressed while in the Lightroom mobile preferences.

Preferences/Lightroom mobile

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have sent it in a message to you. i hope i did it right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hello Guido same problem here. It says that photos are syncing but, no collections and no photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, could you please try to re-sign-in via the Creative Cloud app. So quit Lr Desktop, re-sign-in via the CC-app preferences and restart Lr Desktop afterwards.  Then  double check that the sync process is not paused at the to left activity center. If that won't help, just send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want badly to like LR mobile.  I travel often and use many photo presentations - so carrying just an iPad would be great.  But, it has been buggy and unusable since I started with it a year ago.  Same problem - syncing sometimes works, but then gets 'stuck' as in "Syncing 36 photos" - for days/weeks.  I have tried several things but the problem reoccurs.  Any suggestions?

Setup:  Macbook, Lightroom CC, Lightroom mobile on iPad and iPhone, 7 collections syncing for a total of about 500 photos. Everything up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a private message. I am also having sync issues.. mainly when importing from my mobile device. I sent you the log file link as well. Hope this clears it up..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, hope it's okay to put this here, but I also have a problem with syncing. I am new to Lightroom CC and have set it up on my MacBook Air running 0S 10.9.5. I also have installed LR Mobile on my new iPad Pro. I added photos in the desktop version and wanted to sync them to the Mobile version. I understand the photos have to be in a collection, so I added three to a collection as a test to see how it worked. On the iPad, it showed the name of the collection I created but the photos never appear on the iPad. I was able to add three photos into the mobile library and they synced over to the desktop version quickly and with no problem. I also checked the lightroom.adobe.com website and the test collection I created on the desktop shows under collections, but it does not show the photos either. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if things aren't working right. Since I can go from mobile to desktop, I would assume I am properly signed in and the devices can "see" each other. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi,

I have similarité issue.

I am using :

Lightroom CC version 2015.3 with Windows 10

Lightroom IPad V.2.1.0

The synchronisation between my IPad and Lightroom mobile works fine.

But the synchronisation with Lightroom on my desktop does not work.

I am correctly connected to my CC account and synchro is ON but nothing happens.

l uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom CC. I deleted the synch caches folder but the sync still does not work. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christophe, could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostic log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile is not able to sync for me either. The top-left of the Lightroom window says, "Waiting for connection". I have deleted the Sync Data cache folder and when I restart Lightroom, a dialog comes up for me to sign in to Lightroom mobile. When I click Sign In, it comes back and says, "Your computer does not appear to be connected to the Internet." This is incorrect. Not sure how it comes to that conclusion. On my iPad, I am subscribed and signed in. When I make changes to a photo, it looks like it is syncing to the cloud.

The Lightroom mobile tab on the Preferences dialog says I am not signed in next to "Adobe id:". Under the LR Help menu, I am signed in.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan, Could you try to re-sign-in via the Creative Cloud app. So quit Lr Desktop, re-sign-in via the CC app preferences and restart Lr Desktop afterwards. Let me know if that helps. -Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved my catalog to a new HD. Everything is working fine on my desktop, but Lightroom Mobile no longer has any synced photos or collections. From another thread, I tried to delete all data with in Lightroom /Preferences /Lightroom Mobile to no avail. I've also signed-out and back in on both the Lightroom Mobile app and on creative cloud on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you double check if your Lr Desktop sync is paused. Just open the Lr identity plate - see attached screenshot.

-

GuidoScreen Shot 2016-03-14 at 16.14.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm it's not paused. There are no images on Lightroom Mobile nor on lightroom.adobe.com

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 4.36.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just send you a private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem.  I cannot enable LR Mobiles syn. The double arrow will not stay clicked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I've tried deleting cache's and signing in and out. This has been so frustrating. Some days it will sync fine and some days I get nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you both try to re-sign-in via the Creative Cloud app? Quit Lr Desktop, re-sign-in via the CC-app preferences and restart Lr Desktop afterwards. Let me know if that helps.

-Gudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first thing I tried last night.  And it synced 3 pictures on LR mobile before it said it was up to date. I even removed collections from sync-ing.  I'll try it again right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it several times. The desktop LR seems to be syncing - at least that's what it's saying. But my iPad is telling me that it's all up to date. The new collection that I want to sync has 3 images in it on my iPad - there are 454 on my desktop I want synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@greule Didn't help.

It's still trying to sync 3400 files and nothing is moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you  send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log please  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

Btw. Did I get it right that the 3400 files are originated from Lr Desktop

-Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guido - I am have the same problem between Lightroom Mobie and Desktop.  My desktop Lightroom is stuck "syncing 228"  items and my Lightroom Mobile for iPhone is stuck "Uploading 2420 items".

I have logged in and logged out on the iPhone and Mac.  Plus deleted the Lightroom sync cache on the Mac.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines