Exit

Lightroom does not sync with LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop 5.5 [968504]

Mac OS 10.9 (3)

I started to work with LR 5.5 Desktop two weeks before. Because the LR Mobile sync was quite unstable, I decided to start over. I used the "delete all data" option in LR Desktop -> Settings and re-logged on with my Cloud account in the LR Mobile settings.

Since then Lightroom Desktop never ever started to sync with LR Mobile again. Sync is turned on and I am logged on, Internet connection is fine. But it does not matter which collection I mark for sync, it happens nothing.

I also tried to deinstall and reinstall Lightroom Desktop itself, but no success. LR Mobile sync is still not working.

Could you please help me?

Regards, Mathias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Could you try to re-sign-in on iPad+iPhone. Should work now. There was something wrong at the back-end.

Could you describe a bit your Lightroom Mobile workflow from the very starting point on.  Did you e.g. first sign-in to Lightroom desktop, synced the collections and after that signed in to the IPhone/iPad app?

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Can you please advise? I have the HTML log and can send over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saraJphoto. I've just send you a private message.

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply.. i was able to fix it on my own but i appreciate your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greule   I am having the same problem!  When I make a collection and set it to sync, Lightroom does nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, signed out/in multiple times with no results.  I sent you a message with the diagnostics link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem!  When I make a collection and set it to sync, Lightroom does nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, signed out/in multiple times with no results.  Trying to get diagnostics log now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed it by going to the Preferences - LR mobile tab and clicking the "delete all data" button.  That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I've tried logging out and back in and the problem wasn't fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. With the iOS8 update Apple changed the file path to the image informations we store on the local device. We will submit a fix shortly. In the meanwhile you have to delete Lr Mobile from your device and re-install the app to bypass the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll le t you know when the new version is available. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks  for the note today. Just as I was frustrated enough to start researching how to get the Mobile app to correctly sync, I found this and it cleared up my problem immediately. Only lost some unsynced ratings. But all the images flew back into place after reinstalling the app and logging back in. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem syncing my LR collections to LR Mobile, which i have just reinstalled on my iPad. Its all set up, collections checked, internet on but nothing happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. We have just released a Lightroom Mobile  update 1.2.1 to the app store. The syncing problems after an ios8 update should be solved with that. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues... I have created new collections in LR on desktop and sync them, at the same time I stopped syncing some other collections... My Web and iPad collections have not updated. They show the collections for which the syncing was turned off in LR Desktop. I can't get it to sync. Please help.

And by the way, all my apps on iPhone and iPad are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, same problem. re-installing LR mobile has no work Any further tip ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what you should always do when running into this kind of problem (not seeing the images in mobile or web) is to :

1. mention which OS and Version you are using.

2. In Lightroom Desktop - go to preferences/Lightroom mobile and keep the Alt key pressed.

You will now see the "Generate Diagnostics Log" button - click on it to create a diagnostics log that you can send to us.

Note: this log should not be shared publicly

1. Shut down Lr Desktop
  2. Then delete the Sync.lrdata file:
    Win: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata
    Mac: /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata
  3. Restart Lr Desktop and start to sync

If no images show up on mobile but the syncing is done on Lr Desktop you should take a diagnostics log and send it from
Lr mobile.

You can do it by:

1. opening the settings (press the Lr icon)

2. And then keeping the same icon pressed.

Send us that log and we should normally be able to figure out what's wrong.

Let us know if it helped.

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracial Ignacio:

It works, the directory deletion did its magic.

let me know you still interested on the log files

Thanks

Alejandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting the same issue with LR synch.  I have reset all of my sync folders, deleted the sync cache signed in and out multiple times and the LR mobile or web are not updating. 

I am on OS 10.10.1

LR Mobile version v1.2.2

LR Desktop version 5.6

any help would be appreciated.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I fixed it.  Nevermind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, except that LR desktop syncs correctly with my IOS devices but I have problems in the other direction direction. 

When I add photos on an IOS device, they do not synch back to LR desktop, but do synch with other IOS devices.  It iniotia;y worked correctly, but then stopped about 2 months ago.

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open up the little cloud status indicator in LrM what kind of status is shown there?

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart LrD. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only). Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  Or, at least, might trigger it to occur again. So remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr Desktop, and then wait until it either syncs or gets stuck again and create at this point a Lr Desktop/Mobile diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

You can trigger the Lr Desktop log via Ppreferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

The Lr Mobile app log can be triggered when you open up the settings and long press the to LR Icon a diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client.

Please send me both logs  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the problem was manifested itself in the catalog itself.

Finally fixed problem by:

1. New LR catalog wi LR mobile synch turned on

2. File->import from another Catalog all photos from initial not synching catalog

3. Enable synch for each collection to be available via LR mobile.

Many thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a similar problem.  I can create a collection in LR Mobile and the collection appears in LR Desktop under "From Lr mobile"; however, none of the photos from the LR Mobile collection are synced to the desktop and the collection shows a count of 0.  The Preferences->Lightroom mobile upload counter shows the correct number of photos being synced, but they never appear in the collections.

I have tried signing in and out on both the desktop and mobile applications and have tried removing the sync.lrdata file, but the behavior does not change.  The Lightroom Mobile app indicates that all of the files are synced and I can see them at the web link if I make the collection public.

Any thoughts on what I can try next?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my response above.  That solved the problem for me.  I first created a completely new LR catalog (empty). 

I turned on LR synch in this catalog and found it was working.  

I then imported all  my photos from the old catalog.  using file->import from catalog.

I believe my problem was caused by a user name change several months ago.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating a new catalog, but it had the same problems with syncing from LR Mobile.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, what I see from the back-end of you account is that you have imported 3 iPhone photos.

Are you still trying to sync from the iPhone to Lr Desktop?... or did you try to sync a collection from Lr Desktop to the the Lr Mobile app?

When you import photos via the Lr Mobile app you can see the sync status as part of this little cloud indicator within the top menu bar

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

I am still trying to sync from LR Mobile on the iPhone to LR CC on the desktop.  The collection has synced, and it appears in the "From Lr mobile" collection set on the desktop, but the photo count remains at 0 and there are no photos in the synced collection.  The upload counter in the Preferences->Lightroom mobile tab shows that the correct number of photos have been synced, but I do not ever see them in the collection.  I can also see the photos in the collection via a web link if I make the collection public, so the photos do appear to be getting synced correctly from LR Mobile.

I have no problems syncing the other way.  I have been able to sync multiple collections from LR CC on the desktop to LR Mobile on both an iPhone and an iPad with no issues, but I'm not sure any changes I made in LR Mobile were synced successfully back to the desktop.

I have collected the diagnostic log from LR CC on the desktop and will send the Dropbox link to it via a private message.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines