• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezing

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to use the masking, Lightroom Classic freezes and there is nothing I can do but shut down computer with the power button. The computer won't turn off by clicking on the "X". Actually the curser won't move.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer freezing (not Lightroom freezing as your title says) is either a bad driver or a hardware malfunction. Since this happens when masking, it is most likely the GPU drive (or a bad GPU card/chip). First try turning off the GPU in LrC by going to Preferences and clicking on Performance and then Use Graphics Processor should be set to OFF. Try it that way. If it works now, then the conclusion is bad driver or bad hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When I go to use the masking, Lightroom Classic freezes"

I agree with dj_paige that it's very possibly the graphics driver. But unfortunately, LR's AI masking doesn't obey the setting of Use Graphics Processor, so setting it to Off won't have any effect if the problem is the graphics driver:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-allow-users-to-disable-the-gpu-for-ai-maski... 

Copying the result of Help > System Info here is a good next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines