• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom import doesn't find CR3-files on my sd-card (Canon Powershot SX 70 HS)

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a Canon Powershot SX 70 HS and took some pictures in RAW withit. Trying to import them in LRC and I get 'empty folder'?? So LRC doen't recognize CR3 files from this camera type. But this in the supported camera list??

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

I highly recommend you buy a simple USB sd card reader. They're less than $10 and will solve all these problems which are probably happening becuaswe the camera is presenting a simplified interface to the computer. You can try installing Canon's app to download images from it as it might be able to see the files the camdera is hiding. You won't have any problem like this using a card reader plus a card reader is going to be many times faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to check "include subfolders" in the import panel. If that doesn't help, it is likely that the images have already been imported and asre not shown because of the "don't import suspected duplicates" setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic are you running? Also, what happens if you move the images to a folder on your computer and try to import them?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC Version 11.3.1 and even my explorer can't recognize this type of RAW-file. So I can't place it into another folder. But on my camera they are clearly there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just copy them off the card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The files are not recognized. It's an SD-card and when I look at the properties they give 2,7 Gb of space used and 12Gb free. So there are files on the card in RAW CR3 format but they are not recognized, not by LRc not by Windows explorer. It's very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just browse to the DCIM folder in windows and copy the files? That is very strange indeed. Are you using a card reader (highly recommended) or direct connection to the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a little detour because I don't have a usb-cable for this type of camera yet. Must buy one ofcourse. Si I put the sd-card in my dslr (80D) and his connection to my laptop. Ans also like that visible in windows explorere. You know what's strange, the Canon connect app does recognize the files and so I can download them on my phone (but automaticly changes into jpeg's). So why LRc and explorer doesn't?? Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend you buy a simple USB sd card reader. They're less than $10 and will solve all these problems which are probably happening becuaswe the camera is presenting a simplified interface to the computer. You can try installing Canon's app to download images from it as it might be able to see the files the camdera is hiding. You won't have any problem like this using a card reader plus a card reader is going to be many times faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First on my list tomorrow morning. Thnx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines