• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile not syncing

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the desktop and mobile applications. I did a sucecssful sync. Then I installed on the laptop and did the same, after agreeing to switch catalogs. Then when I went back to the desktop (after switching off syncing on the laptop) I found that after transferring 2 files the syncing got stuck on the rest of the files building smart previews (255 in all). I tried turning off sycning for the collections but that did not change anything. I removed and reinstalled the desktop and mobile apps. When opened up again the files were still syncing, even though nothing was supposed to be happening. It remained frozen at 255.

It's obvious there is some file or set of files which are in the program which aren't deleted by removing the apps but I don't know what they are - I need to make a clean start on syncing to mobile. Can anyone help on this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

To make a clean start, try going to the Lightroom Mobile tab of the Lightroom 5.4 Preferences menu and click on "Delete All Data"....be aware that it'll do exactly that, all sync data will be removed (note, NOT the images, just the synced data). Then try syncing again.

If you're going to switch between catalogs, bearing in mind that Lightroom mobile is really designed for a single catalog workflow, just make sure all sync activity has finished before trying to switch to another catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

"With Lightroom closed go to /Users/intel/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/ and remove (or rename) the Sync.lrdata folder. Restart Lr and it should try to reconcile your local synced data and the cloud synced data. This can take a while depending on your machine, network connection, and the number of synced images.  Additionally, when it completes it may leave some images in the All Sync Errors collection. These are usually fixable by applying any setting that forces a sync (like an expo

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom mobile is not syncing at all. I tried all the aforementioned steps (deleting database, reinstalling etc., nothing worked). Problems started when I once tried switching the catalog. Please let me know what I can do to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should specify: I am able to log in on my Mac and on my ipad. On the ipad it says: "no collections available". On the mac-version it says "Uploads: none". I am logged in to lightroom mobile sync but there is nothing indicating that there is anything being synced. Would it be helpfulf to send a logfile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to force quit the Lr app on your ipad an see if it helps.

If not could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

Thanks,

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing a similar problem like others have expressed. My Ipad is indicating that it is syncing by it has been stuck on 246 of 438 photos on one of my catalogs for days now. The other catalogs are not syncing at all even after making changes to the pictures.

I tried using one of the solutions you gave above but I cannot locate the Sync.lrdata file than an be deleted or renamed.

Can you please help? I am using a Windows computer 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm using this discussion instead open a new one.

I'm actually in Qatar with my MBP 17" and my iPad correctly sync and all is working s it should.

My wife, back in IT, is using the flag system to choose or reject the photoes. the problem is... none of what she's doing is sync with the rest of the machines.

Furthermore, I've removed a coupple of collections, but she can still see them on her ipad.

Needless to say, home wi-fi connection's working, I've also tried to let her clear the cache a couple of times with no success: the little cloud on the right top corner is running, but nothing happen.

Is there anything to do on the ipad to solve the problem? Maybe removing and installing the app back will work (even though she'll loose the job carried out so far)?

Thanks.

IMG_2489.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to delete the app also on my Ipad and the issue was fixed but I ended up losing all the work I have done on the Ipad that did not sync. It was a better fix than having to go days without being able to work on my Ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, at the end I've asked my wife to remove the app and reinstall it. Now looks like it works again.

I was almost screaming at her as soon as she's not much into technology...   ahahahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it's working again. Unfortunately Apple change with the ios8 update the file path to the image informations we  store on the device. We will submit a fix shortly. In the meanwhile you have to  delete Lr Mobile from your device and re-install the app to bypass the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good.

Though, the strange thing is... on my ipad kept on working even after the iOSX update...

Anyway...how cares? As soon as we're back in business... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working right Guido!

I see some 3 of 4 synced collections on my devices (and on the web), but the 4th, that I created today, with one photo, just simply won't show up no matter what I do. LR on my Mac says it's syncing, but it ain't!

Any other ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to am having problems with this crappy app. I would expect Adobe to do better than this but I guess I'm wrong. I have been using this app since June and the biggest issue is syncing. It looks like Adobe has its head up its butt on this one. I have deleted folders, deleted the app, reset wifi, everything I could think of, but nothing can get this piece of crap to work. I recommend just saving your piece of mind and deleting this piece of crap. It appears that Adobe has no idea how to produce IOS apps that work. Besides lightroom is more like a toy then anything a serious photographer would use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if the images aren't in lightroom.adobe.com it would help if you could send us a diagnostic log from Lightroom Desktop.

What you can also try is to flag/rate the image that has a problem syncing in "sync errors" and see if that helps for the image stuck in sync.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ignacio, but it would be more helpful if you explained how to do those two things, rather than forcing me to go waste my time trying to locate what you're talking about!!

Don't mean to be snippy, but as you can tell, there's a fair bit of frustration out here with how poorly this app is working. Don't get me wrong, I love the app, it's visually well designed; I just wish the damn sync function worked as well as it could!!! Even when it worked, it was unbelievably slow. Why? There are tons of other services out there offering sync functionality that works, and is fast. You'd think a company like Adobe would have the resources to just make it work, right out of the gate!

Sincerely,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,

So to better understand your problem - are the images visible in lightroom.adobe.com?

Diagnostics log in Lr Desktop:

"You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button"

The second issue - is that flagging or finding where the sync errors are shown in the UI in Lr Desktop that is the issue?

The sync errors are only available in the UI once they have occurred, meaning if you don't have any you won't see them, if you do have more than one you'll see it in the UI in Library.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ibarrien wrote:

So to better understand your problem - are the images visible in lightroom.adobe.com?

Diagnostics log in Lr Desktop:

"You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button"

The second issue - is that flagging or finding where the sync errors are shown in the UI in Lr Desktop that is the issue?

The sync errors are only available in the UI once they have occurred, meaning if you don't have any you won't see them, if you do have more than one you'll see it in the UI in Library.

No, some images are showing up online, but not all, and the new collection I created the other day doesn't show up at all...

Here's the log: ..... (Hopefully there's nothing in there I shouldn't be sharing via the web?!? You didn't give instructions on how else to send it to you...)

As for the second issue, I'm not seeing any sync errors in the UI anywhere. None. That's what's driving me crazy! The sync obviously isn't happening, but I get no feedback whatsoever about why it isn't working!!!

I sure hope you can shed some light on this, because I'm about to give up on Lightroom Mobile altogether...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here's what you can try out -

move the the /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata to a different folder (we might want to give it a look if you wonder why you shouldn't delete it) and try to resync the images.

Let me know if that helps or if you continue to run into problems.

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing - sharing can be done over the creative cloud at creative.adobe.com

Just go to Files, and create a folder.

Once the folder is created you just select collaboration from the drop down list that you get when you click the triangle in the lower left on the folder and invite me. You can drag the files to your the browser directly from Finder/Explorer and then to the folder that you want to share.

You need the adobe id to do this. Ping me privately and I'll give you mine.

You can of course also use something like dropbox for this too.

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ignacio, but I already tried that, and it didn't make a whit of difference. I suppose I can try again, but is that really the only fix?

Tthanks for the sharing tip, but did you check out the link I shared above? Any clues there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first try, I think if possible that it would be good if we could do a connect session - that will hopefully save us some time and a lot of forum posts.

I'll invite you privately and give you more info.

thanks,

Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ibarrien FYI... deleting all data from Lightroom mobile, then resyncing everything got it all working again, and even a little faster. Still this whole mess needs some work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine isn't working either. I think it's the desktop Lightroom not synching, because I deleted the app entirely from my iPad and reinstalled it and it synced all the old photos that I had deleted from my desktop smart collection back onto my iPad. I have tried signing in and out on both the desktop and the iPad and also tried choosing 'stop synching this collection' on the desktop LR and then restarting it, and nothing works.

Please fix, Adobe!

edit: I also tried the suggested fix of chaning the synch file. Also didn't work.

edit: tried the 'delete all data' trick,and that finally got it going

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like exactly what I was experiencing. The only thing that got it working again was going into Preferences->Lightroom mobile, and clicking the Delete All Data button. Then logging back in and re-enabling syncing on my specific collections got it all working.

It does seem like a bit of a house of cards though...

Good luck!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues but I'm not sure if its because I'm trying to do something that the app and lightroom were not intended for.

I have my desktop with LR5 and this works well with the iPad, I also have a Laptop with LR5 installed.  My desktop and iPad work but although the synced collection shows on my laptop it always indicates that there are no photos in that collection.  In the preferances it shows the correct number of photos synced.

Could anyone help me out.

Many thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Alex, just saw this... I'd start a new thread, and explain the issue a bit more. I'm not sure I follow, based on what you wrote above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, the Lr Desktop to Lr Desktop sync is not yet supported with the Lr Mobile service. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines