• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile not syncing

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the desktop and mobile applications. I did a sucecssful sync. Then I installed on the laptop and did the same, after agreeing to switch catalogs. Then when I went back to the desktop (after switching off syncing on the laptop) I found that after transferring 2 files the syncing got stuck on the rest of the files building smart previews (255 in all). I tried turning off sycning for the collections but that did not change anything. I removed and reinstalled the desktop and mobile apps. When opened up again the files were still syncing, even though nothing was supposed to be happening. It remained frozen at 255.

It's obvious there is some file or set of files which are in the program which aren't deleted by removing the apps but I don't know what they are - I need to make a clean start on syncing to mobile. Can anyone help on this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

To make a clean start, try going to the Lightroom Mobile tab of the Lightroom 5.4 Preferences menu and click on "Delete All Data"....be aware that it'll do exactly that, all sync data will be removed (note, NOT the images, just the synced data). Then try syncing again.

If you're going to switch between catalogs, bearing in mind that Lightroom mobile is really designed for a single catalog workflow, just make sure all sync activity has finished before trying to switch to another catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

"With Lightroom closed go to /Users/intel/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/ and remove (or rename) the Sync.lrdata folder. Restart Lr and it should try to reconcile your local synced data and the cloud synced data. This can take a while depending on your machine, network connection, and the number of synced images.  Additionally, when it completes it may leave some images in the All Sync Errors collection. These are usually fixable by applying any setting that forces a sync (like an expo

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the mobile app, as well.  I have limited data plan and nothing I did worked to stop the syncing when stuck  Glad I was just starting and didn't edit any photos yet.

maybe later after fixed are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cindy, if you do encounter a problem it would best to create a new thread so it does get lost in this old thread.

See the link below for help.

How to sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 13.5.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim . what will I do if I fail to sync with lightr mobile ? I'm trying to sign in to sync with LR mobile but it is not proceeding .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated I could SCREAM! I need adobe lightroom mobile for work and nothing suggested here is working. I feel so irritated that the question is marked as "resolved". Well, its May 2017 and I see that people (including me) still have a dud Adobe Lightroom despite purging, deleting, reinstalling on both ends. SHAME ON YOU ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very interested to here about any further solutions. I have tried all advice and can't get me macbook to sync with lightroom mobil. The CC app is logged in Lightroom asks me to login to sync but the window just dissapears and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I had immense problems too. In my case, the collections I created on my desktop version of LR simply weren't syncing to my mobile version. Then Grueule and his colleague stepped in to troubleshoot and while I'm still not sure what did the trick, I think it was that the "sync with LR mobile" selection is now in a different place. They directed me to here (i.e. the top left-hand corner of the screen. It's not intuitive at all! In the past I'm pretty sure that the "sync with lightroom mobile" selection was at a different stage, you would get that option when you are CREATING each collection but now there no longer is any option to select within the window for creating the collection. Tsk. If Grueule and his colleague hadn't directed me to the pull-downs at my name, I wouldn't have found it on my own. Totally counter-intuitive especially if people were used to the former workflow. I was happy with their help. Hope this can help you.

IMG_5261.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know where to sync with lightroom inside the application. The issue is when I sign in under my name the sign in window dissappears and nothing changes.

This was working for me up until last month. Now my desktop will not sync with my mobil apps.

I have tried every bit of advice on these forums and still nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brusca,

Could you please let me know what version of Lightroom you are using ?

This can be found under Help -> System Info

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with logging on to LR mobile from laptop as well,

keep getting a "connecting" screen with my log in info behind or if I try again it says "connecting"

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 3.14.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also I am up to date on LR - 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should be on at least 6.7 version for this to work.

Current available version is 6.12

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!  I had tried to upgrade via LR preferences forgetting that I needed to do that from Creative Cloud and not the program itself.

(not sure why it does not work that way since it is an option...) but I am all set - hopefully will all sync as planned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines