• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - Nikon - Tethering

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For approx 15 years this issue has been happening with each Adobe Lightroom update and/or Mac OS update: Nikon (I have a D850) tethering ceases with updates. Seems best to not update until problem is addressed or best to use Capture One, etc..  I don't understand why these companies and services we pay for won't and don't anticipate these issues, and work together to make sure it doesn't happen each and every time, hence it does happen each and every time. It's quite frustrating when one's livelihood is compromised and undermined because of these failings, and because of a lack of simple and friendly collaboration between Adobe and Apple. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is really so bizarre! Please Adobe/Nikon, fix this NOW please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Smart Shooter 4, tethering to my Nikon D850 works perfectly. I therefore do not think there is a problem with the Nikon SDK or with Apple: these are just excuses by Adobe who do not see this bug as a priority to fix. Too bad because I would prefer using it in Lightroom to simplify my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, you´re completely right: Nikon´s Camera Control Pro 2 works perfectly as well. (their tethering software)

i sent an email to Nikon and their answer was:

"We cannot comment on anything from Lightroom and Adobe as those are 3rd party products. We are not trained nor knowledged in that, and cannot guarantee compatiblity. Our cameras work best with our products/software."

basically there´s no problem at all with Nikon or Apple, as you said, Adobe does not see it as a priority to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon SDK didn't support Mac OS 13 until 12/7/22, just before LR 12.1 was released, almost two months after Mac OS 13 was released and five months after its public beta (intended for developers to get their software ready).  The Nikon SDK didn't support Apple Silicon until that most recent release, two years after the first M1 computer shipped.

LR releases every 8-9 weeks on average, so we might expect to see LR 12.2 this week or next. Let's hope it includes the most recent Nikon SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed LR 12.2 and without much hope tested tethering with my D500, and it works! Finally!!
MBP Intel, Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Works with my d850 too!:party_popper:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - sort of works for me: focus will not activate - and yes, the lens and camera are set to AF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine is stil not working - LR 12.2.1

Ventura 13.2.1

Nikon D750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines