• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Not Responding when Importing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic not responding every time I try and import. 

I've tried uninstalling all Adobe software on my computer, reinstalling, optimizing my catalog, and I'm still getting the same issue. The files are on the hard drive of my computer, I have unplugged anything (hard drives, SD cards, etc.  

Initially, I was able to get into the Import screen, view the images I want to import from the hard drive, and select the correct destination and when I hit "Import" it completely freezes and Lightroom became non-responsive. Now I press import and it freezes. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be a security issue. Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

If that doesn't help, then try resetting the Lightroom preferences: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines