Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom overheating macbook

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!

Currently I am working on a macbook, and the Lightroom is causing overheating all the time. 

All the other programs are fine, even Premier Pro, but when I'm using LR, the fans just go crazy and my macbook is very hot. I tryed to download the previous version and nothing changed. Also I can't turn off embedded preview. Could this be the problem?

Computer detalis:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

2,8 GHz  Intel Core i7 processor

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very common problem with MacBooks, not just with Lightroom, but with other software as well. You are asking Lightroom to perform very CPU intensive tasks, causing the CPU to work hard, which causes heat, which causes the fans to run. Here is one user's actual experience and method of fixing it: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65523199

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on dj_paige's reply, I put my Macbook Pro 15" 2019 on thin cardboard strips raising it about 3/16" off the desk, which makes a significant improvement.  You might take the laptop to an Apple store and have the geniuses check the fans for clogging dust -- that's not uncommon.

Also, your laptop isn't over-heating -- it's operating as designed by Apple to run the fans when its CPU and GPU get heavily used.  When the laptop truly overheats, it wills shutdown abruptly without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines