Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets Not Working

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

When I try to apply my Lightroom presets nothing happens. I've tried to reinstall Lightroom but it didn't solve the problem!

What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Yes, you definitely have a corrupt install of Lightroom. (maybe another one caught out by Adobe's links to upgrade)

LR-Classic v 7.0 to 7.3.1 are only available as subscription to Creative Cloud plans.

If you are NOT a subscriber to the Creative Cloud then you are not entitled to v7 as an upgrade (or update).

As a Perpetual purchaser, you can only use Version 6,  up to v6.14

If you DO subscribe, you will need to contact Adobe to correct the problem.

If you do NOT subscribe you will need to un-instal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you give some more information like what version of Lightroom and what Presets, then other users may be able to assist you better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1, all presets that you can use (self made & downloaded presets).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under preferences > do you have Store with this Catalog checked or unchecked.

3rd party presets that you have purchased require that the box be unchecked in order to show up.

User Presets can be found in their previous location either by searching or by clicking on the link to Show Where Presets are Stored button. You  may need to copy and paste them to the new Lightroom folder in your Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Settings folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried out your solutions and nothing changed. Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched your computer for your presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and I know where they are and all that. That's not the problem, the problem is that they don't work, not downloaded presets either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what way are they not working? Can you upload a screen shot? Hard to diagnose or try to reproduce the issue without information...

Have you moved the location of your Lightroom directory? Can you post a screen shot showing your settings folder with your presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have my picture up in develop mode and want to apply my own presets, I click on the specific preset on the left side and it should apply it to the image, but now it doesn't work with any of my presets on any image. Nothing changes with the image when applying the preset.

This worked just fine some weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see a screen-clip of your System Info, to know your LR-version details. (Lightroom Menu > Help >System Info...) The top 10 lines would do. There have been reports of (corrupt?) installs of Lightroom where presets have problems.

And a screen-clip of your presets in the Preset panel?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info.PNGpresets.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you definitely have a corrupt install of Lightroom. (maybe another one caught out by Adobe's links to upgrade)

LR-Classic v 7.0 to 7.3.1 are only available as subscription to Creative Cloud plans.

If you are NOT a subscriber to the Creative Cloud then you are not entitled to v7 as an upgrade (or update).

As a Perpetual purchaser, you can only use Version 6,  up to v6.14

If you DO subscribe, you will need to contact Adobe to correct the problem.

If you do NOT subscribe you will need to un-install v7.xx and revert to v6.xx

Read another similar forum thread- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/presets-not-working.34488/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a rollback to v7.1 and now it all works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"v7.1....works just fine" may be short-lived if you are not a subscriber to Creative Cloud.

Be prepared for failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Perhaps you can help me as I'm at my wits end and have posted this question on a different Adobe forum as well as an Apple forum. Any insight you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

"I switched from LR6 to LR Classic CC very recently and now the presets (both LR basic presets and my own) don't work. I will click on a preset and the preview of my image will show the preset effect but the effect actually doesn't "stick". After multiple calls with Adobe, and most recently spending 1.5 hours on the phone with Adobe today the following conclusion was reached and Adobe told me they couldn't provide me further assistance as my issue is an Apple/Mac issue. This is how Adobe came to the conclusion:

Adobe had me create a new Mac OS Mojave User Account "AdobeTest" and we opened LR Classic CC and played with a photo, the built-in LR preset that I tried worked/stuck. Thereafter Adobe concluded my issue isn't an Adobe CC software issue but rather some sort of issue with my Mac OS Mojave User Account that I always use for all of my computer needs (vs. the "AdobeTest" account). He suggested I used the AdobeTest account when I want to use LR and that isn't a reasonable solution. I need my personal user account to allow LR Classic CC to function to its full capacity.

To that end, does anyone have a clue as to why my Apple user account system preferences, or whatever, won't allow LR presets to function?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from LR6 to LR Classic CC

And- Do you subscribe to a Photography Plan? ie. Are you a Creative Cloud subscriber?

You had advice from Adobe support which would indicate you do, that answers this question.

IIRC- when I switched from 'Perpetual' to Creative Cloud versions of Lightroom, I also had major problems. I started afresh by using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall all Lightroom, then installed the CC Desktop App to then install Lightroom Classic-CC. Rarely a problem since.

Me- not an 'Apple' person, so of no help with Mac user accounts- sorry.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a year CC subscription. Given we tested LR CC that I paid for under my personal Mac user account and an Adobe test user account that Adobe created for me, it makes sense that the issue isn't LR CC related but rather there must be something in my personal Mac user account settings that won't allow the LR CC presets to work. I have tried to un-install/re-install before getting into it with Adobe and that didn't work. I appreciate the reply but I'm afraid your suggestion is not likely to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a preset in LR Classic CC 9.1 I can see the adjustments made to the photo however, when I click on the preset the sliders in develop module do not change. When I move the cursor over the photo away from the preset, the adjustments disappear and the photo goes back to its original state (i.e. no change).

I've tried creating a new preset but problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This just happened to me too, right after I restore my macbook pro from Time Machine external harddisk. Not sure if it is the case. I'm trying to fix it though.

Any one has any clue?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clue that we (other users) need is some details from you.

This is an 'old' long thread, and "This just happened to me too", does not tell us much.

Please start a new post with full explanatory details of the problems you are having.

State your Version NUMBER of Lightroom-Classic

State your Operating System and Version Number.

State the type of file that you are developing.

State some info about the Preset causing  problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me. I have the same problem. I have the Lightroom app version 6.2.1, and my presets are also mot showing. PLEASE HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with this too. Did you find an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines