• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: "An error occurred when attempting to change modules."

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a first time Lightroom(via the Cloud) user (used Capture One before this) and just downloaded it today. The first thing I saw was this error message

"An error occurred when attempting to change modules."

I've updated it to 4.3 and I've tried all the other recommendations I found here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-changing-modules-lightroom.html

I don't know what Nik products are but I don't believe I have any.

I'm on a Mac running 10.6.8

Removed this preference file I found here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroom-4.html

So frustrating! Please, can anyone help me???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

There was an old installer bug which may be related.  If it works in the clean account, copying the files back may work.

Back up your copies of the following files/folders from your user account, and then copy back the versions from the clean account.

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom /

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Preferences / com.adobe.Lightroom4.plist

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Dan!  Enjoy exploring Lightroom.  If you're just getting started, you might like the free quick start ebook on my website http://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria, every time i open creative cloud app it gives me either

this signScreen Shot 2016-02-25 at 4.34.07 .png or this signScreen Shot 2016-02-25 at 7.44.11 .png . it only

happens in the "apps" . I don't know if you know the answer, but you

answered my other question about Lightroom, so i thought i'd ask. I tried

all the solutions to this problem that i found, except using cleaner tool.

nothing seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've followed the instructions to download again, as it asked in the error message, and that didn't work, then the Cleaner tool would be my next port of call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm stuck on the 10th step. i copied /Users/[user name]/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.log. , pasted it into TextEdit, selected it and then pressed the right click button, clicked open, then this came out Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.18.06 .png. first time i clicked "Run Service", nothing happened, second time i clicked cancel, nothing happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be easier to use the Console app to view the log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying. I keep getting email updates with no way to unsubscribe b

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unwanted Email notices

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new feature is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWING... and don't click the link again to check your status, as you will then be added to the CONNECTIONS STREAM and you will have to uncheck that option as well

And, after you post in a message thread and select Stop Following, you need to do it all over again the next time you add a reply to the same message thread, since EVERY POST adds you to the automatic Follow list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, one more question. How to delete an adobe and creative cloud account (if that is not the same thing) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same thing.  I think you'd need to talk to Adobe on that one.  http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why? can't i just delete it somewhere in the settings ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To completely delete an Adobe ID, I don't think there's a way you can do it yourself.  Perhaps we're talking at cross-purposes, and you only want to delete a record of it on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i wanted to completely delete it. i tweeted the support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these instructions and it did not work for me. I still get the error message.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌the only I was able to get around that issue was to start a new user name. It's a real pain, but not too bad if you're starting a brand new computer... I did everything else, to no avail....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spybart wrote:

I followed these instructions and it did not work for me. I still get the error message.

Which of the many instructions have you followed?  And which operating system and Lightroom version is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest OS X and latest Lightroom. I haven't launched Lightroom in probably a month, it didn't have this problem before. I followed the instructions regarding setting folder permissions.

I don't want to delete and create user account. I will probably wait to see if this issue gets fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was the "An error occurred when attempting to change modules." when installing lightroom resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria, I am a long time LR user. Now using LR 6.3 (all modules) without problems until now. Having tonight finished editing a new batch of photos (library then develop) I wanted to proceed to 'Slideshow' but now get the "An error occurred when attempting to change modules" message. Nevertheless I can get into the Slideshow module but when I click on to the "Run" button the slideshow does not advance. I followed your suggestions in 44 above but no joy :-(. All my work is backed up but it would be a pain to have to consider reloading LR... Any thoughts please? (I am already a happy member of your LR Queen circle).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automac500 wrote:

Hi Victoria, I am a long time LR user. Now using LR 6.3 (all modules)

Update to 6.4.  There was a bug in Slideshow in 6.3 that only affected some people, which could cause that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria - yes that update to 6.4 sorted the problem! Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 1.57.18 .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, two more questions.  What's your operating system?  And if LR worked before, were you perhaps using the slideshow module? There's a new bug in the latest update that's only affecting a small number of people, which you might be hitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webweaver - finally a solution. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines