Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom shows 0 photos but there are photos

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
So, I had an issue where all my folders randomly in Lightroom had parent folders showing (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/volumes-drives-display-folders-lightoom.html)
This was the fix, but after it it shows me that I have 0 photos in my folders, even tho you can see clearly that there are pictures ther.
Ive tryed locating folder and other optons that are there, got any suggestions?

RobertsAboltins_0-1669660317456.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom caches the folder counts in the file "<catalog> Helper.lrdata", and LR can sometimes corrupt the file. Try deleting it:

1. Do Catalog Settings > General > Show, to open Finder / File Explorer on your catalog folder.

2. Exit LR.

3. Delete "<catalog> Helper.lrdata".

4. Restart LR -- it will rebuild the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same pb and already done this but unfortunately nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

@Laurent Mayeux, please post a full-resolution screenshot (not a phone pic) of the entire LR window showing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your images in sub-folders below those high level folders you show in the screen print? On the top menu, Select Library, Show Photos in Subfolders to see the number of images in all folders.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill , Thanks but The option menu "Show photos in subfolders" is already selected.

Pb isn't still fixed. For exemple on these 2 screen shots, as you can see, selected picture as one star rated but it does not appear on the thunbail. 

And when I do an import, files can't be seen during the import...

Is there a way to manage this bug directly by Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open a secure chat session using the chat icon or "contact us" link on this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/support-new/support-apps.html#phsp

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks Jill. That's what I did and they adviced me to create a new catalog. That's the easiest way to fix this bug. And I did it and it seems fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear there was such a relatively easy solution !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines