• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom v11 Presets not applying

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in the Develop module of Lightroom I hover over a preset to apply it and click the preset and it does not apply. It will show that the preset has been clicked as it is highlighted (as shown in the screen shot below) but it does not actually apply any changes to the image. If I go into the Library module and apply the preset through Quick Develop it will then apply to the image.

Is this a bug in v11 of the Develop module or is there some way I can solve this?

(I do have the latest update of Lightroom and I have a Creative Cloud subscription) 

Would love any help I could get here! Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.23.44 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinkg the preview has not been created after the edit. I notice in the filmstrip these are embedded previews in use (although the selected image is not shown in the filmstrip, perhaps scrolled)

If you use the navigator to zoom in to,say 1:1, does it pop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the original poster, but I am having the same issue. Mine are not embedded previews and the presets still won't apply to the image. I tried zooming in and I think I heard Lightroom cackle at me for foolishly thinking it would cooperate that easily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Mac OS Catalina v10.15.7. I recently upgraded to v11.0 and have had no issues editing Smart Previews catalogs for my editing clients. I created a regular catalog and imported photos for a local client, and presets are not applying to the images in Develop mode. The presets will preview on the image when I hover, but the adjustments will not apply to the image or change the sliders. I saw there was an update available for v11.0.1 and updated in hopes it might fix it, but it did not. I can still manually edit and copy/sync edits to other images, but I can't click on a preset and get it to apply. I can still go in Library mode and select an image/multiple images and apply a preset in Quick Develop. Any thoughts / things to try to fix it so presets will apply in Develop mode again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators,  @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge this with another post that has very similar symptoms:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-v11-presets-not-applying/td-p... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 

I am pulling my hair out and hope someone can help. 

After LR was working perfectly it all of a sudden stopped applying presets to my images. When I rolled over a preset it would show a preview, but once clicked nothing would happen and the settings ar not applied to the photo.
What I have done to date:

-re-installed LR  (directly from Creative cloud)

- Exported my presets and saved in antoher location incase they were corrupt, it still didn't work

-Created a new set of presets (same thing happens as described above)

-Shut down and restarted computer. 

Can anyone help please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom Classic forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a temporary workaround, try applying the presets in Library's Quick Develop panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste here the first ten lines so we can see exactly which versions you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue and your suggestion to reset preferences worked for me. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I had the same issue and resetting the preferences worked for me as well, but the next day the presets stopped working again! Agh, this is so frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue. Lightroom Classic 11.0.1, MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellissuggestion of resetting preferences above has fixed it for me 🙂 thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did it stay fixed? Resetting preferences fixed the issue for me too but it only lasted a day and now the issue is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences didn't help for me.

Thumbnails aren't updated when I make adjustments using Quick Develop. Not with embedded previews and not with 1:1 previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Preset previews are displayed when hovering the mouse over them, but not applied after mouse click.

@johnrellis workaround with resetting lightroom preferences helps. However, I found that the problem came back immediately after I created a new custom preset.

Lightroom Classic version: 11.4.1 [ 202206241800-b406ce4c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Mac OS 12
Version: 12.4.0 [21F79]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 16.384,0 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I've just started having this problem after no issues with Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The solution by resetting the Lightroom settings lasts until you add or create a new preset. So there's still an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this issue yesterday as well. LR was updated to the most recent version and was functioning totally normally. I created a new preset (a version of 2 existing presets that I was using together frequently) then after that, the system won't apply presets to images in the develop panel. The preview updates when you hover over the preset but clicking doesn't apply it and it doesn't update in the history panel. I tried rolling back to the previous version of LR and that didn't change anything. I also tried deleting the new preset that I created and no luck with that either. This sounds like a bug that hopefully LR pushes a patch for ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please tell me you've solved this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines