Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Web Galleries display photos in random order

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having this issue now really consistently where every time I sync a collection, the online gallery displays the photos in a random-looking order.

This forces me to have to readjust things manually every time before I can send galleries out for client review. Switching the display order to 'file name'  (MOST OF THE TIMES) fixes the issue but it appears that there is no way to make sure that the files are uploaded in an orderly fashion from the get-go: changing the display order inside lightroom prior to sync doesn't work and even if in the online gallery settings for display appear to be set on 'file name' because I switched it for an earlier upload, I need to click that again in order to make it actually work.

This is both very inefficient and unreliable to share work with clients and I'm not sure if it's an adobe bug or I'm missing something myself. Did anyone experience a similar issue and or happen to know how this could be fixed?

Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When  you are logged in to your browser version select the album and change the View to Custom Order to maintain the order that you have set up in Classic.

cmgap_0-1604756827443.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sort order behaving squirrely again. Even though desktop LR Classic, iPad mobile, and web version are all set to display custom order, the order of photos does not agree among the instances. One photo appears to be stuck in the wrong place on the non-desktop versions. If I move it on the desktop or even try to force a re-sync by deleting it and adding it back, that photo has a life of its own; it lands where it wants. Also, at first sync of desktop to web, the original orders did not agree between desktop and the mobile versions. When I manually moved the photos into the proper order on the mobile versions, the orders matched, mostly, but only for a while. 

Plainly, this is not right. When you set the order to Custom on the desktop, it should match on all devices that are also set to Custom. Sync order misbehavior is a frustrating and chronic problem that Adobe has never fixed. You move one thing, and something else moves, like whack-a-mole. Years ago, I complained that when you edited the order on the iPad and went to move one photo, it reversed the order. To get the order right, you had to switch to Capture Order sort then back to Custom. Adobe asked me to send a video of the order scrambling itself, and I did. They agreed it was a bug, but did nothing. This still happens sporadically and unpredictably.

Is Adobe ever going to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines