• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom will not access develop module

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time Lightroom loses its mind when switching between photos or switching from Library to Develop.  See the attached video.  This is random and I cannot discern any cause and effect relationship.  I use the program every single say and it can happen every day for a couple days, or weeks can go by before it happens again.  This was going on before the latest update.  I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and latest version of Lightroom.  The only way to "fix" the problem is to close Lightroom and relaunch.  Clearly not a satisfactory way to work.  Well, defeated again.  I cannot load the video because I don't have a url or no how to create one for a screen capture video I have stored on my hard drive.  If someone emails me with an answer I can then reply and attach the video.  This is most frustrating.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the video icon in the toolbar to insert a video.

image_2022-04-13_212650557.png

If it's too large to insert, attach it instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on that icon requests a url as I stated.  I don't have a url.  It's a screen grab video mp4 on my hard drive.  And attaching also asks for a url so your suggestions did not solve the problem,  but thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the video to a file sharing service (such as DropBox) and use the URL from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

If the video is 47 MB or smaller, you can attach it here using the attachment box at the bottom of the reply box:

johnrellis_0-1649878780209.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This is very helpful.  I don't know how I missed that box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...here is the video.  Thanks to all who helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines