• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom . Wont Launch.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've just updated Lightroom to 5.5 and now it will not launch.

AdobeCC @

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

We are still looking into the problem, but as a workaround this may work for folks.

1.  Uninstall Lightroom 5.5. 

2.  Install Lightroom 5.5 directly (and not through the Adobe Creative Cloud app) by downloading from the following links:

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_mac_en

Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_win_en

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. MacBookPro Mid2012, Latest Mac OS
After the last update Lightroom just not loading, splash screen appears for a sec and disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution.

First I untinstalled LR from "Programs and Features" and downloaded the trial version

Then from installation folder  created on the Desktop, I ran the "Install Lightroom 5.exe" as an administrator (Windows 8.1) and then LR 5.5 ran OK

JS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does work.  If you download LR 5.5 as a stand alone and not through Adobe Cloud, it does launch and open.  Be sure to delete the version associated with the cloud, close Adobe cloud and install the stand alone version located at the web address provided above in this message thread.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, but only if you have a serial number and a perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't want to buy a standalone license in addition to CC subscription.
I want all the software I am paint for to work from the cloud.
In this case it is not buggy Alpha or Beta, it is a production version.

I think Adobe should take it very seriously and review their QC procedures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both the standalone and cloud subscription. But for lightroom Adobe does not permit me to play Lightroom in the cloud, only with a serial number, though it does show up in the CC desktop app and shows as a cloud install. This cloud thing has been broken from day one for me. Took them 6 months and a demand for an actual American Tech Support person (they really don't want to give you that) to fix my first problem  that was actually caused by an Indian tech support person deleting something that doesn't recreate properly. Not sure if they made the same mistake when the Indian guy took control of my computer, because I have been spending my time fixing other problems he caused by deleting other stuff. Need to check for later to see if he screwed up that particular function because if he did it will prevent future updates. Adobe support is a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've learned this morning that a backend problem has been identified for customers who had purchased the PS/LR bundle in the last few months which is blocking use of the Lightroom subscription build. Once fixed, signing out and back in from the Creative Cloud app should work, but I think it's still being worked on. Will update the thread as I have more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Does this also effect the use of the 'Edit in" function? I had to replace my CC LR 5.5 installs with the standalone downloadable, even once I got them to launch because 'Edit in' was not showing in the context menu. Same issue on both macs.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I'm not certain whether the missing 'Edit in' function was tied to this, but I suspect it was. Please continue using the standalone version if that is working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not of the "Last few months" variety. I owed LR 5 before subscribing to the Photoshop only thingie a solid year ago. Later, it was upgraded to the PS/LR bundle. But the build was still screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the add'l info, oldbalddude (I like your handle). Customers who were upgraded from PS to PS/LR are a specific category we are trying to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here, was LR5 Perpetual + PS CC, upgraded to the photography program.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as oldbalddude. Like him, I originally owned the standalone version of Lightroom 5, and later subscribed to the Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Photography bundle. (Like him, I am also an old bald dude, but I think that's probably not relevant to this issue).

I upgraded Lightroom 5 yesterday through the Creative Cloud application. Since then, I have been unable to launch Lightroom. The splash screen appears for a moment, and then the application quits.

Output in the console says:

6/20/14 11:10:11.236 AM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1156]: Cannot add package named WFCoreTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFCoreTests.agtoolkit

!! Did you remember to add a copy frameworks step to your project?

6/20/14 11:10:11.000 AM kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x100000000): p=1158[AdobeCrashDaemon] clearing CS_VALID

6/20/14 11:10:11.237 AM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1156]: Cannot add package named WFSQLiteTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFSQLiteTests.agtoolkit

6/20/14 11:10:11.238 AM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1156]: Cannot add package named WFWebTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFWebTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFWebTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFWebTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFWebTests.agtoolkit

6/20/14 11:10:11.239 AM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[1156]: Cannot add package named WFOzClientTests

Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit

I tried the fix described at Not able to launch Lightroom after updating it to 5.5 from Creative Cloud but this did not resolve the issue.

I also removed the only third-party plugin that I have, but this did not resolve the issue either.

For the time being, I'm going to try going back to the standalone version and using my old Lightroom 5 license key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum to above: this occurs on OS X 10.8.5 running on a MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a related thread, Re: Re: I cannot open Lightroom 5., one user suggests renaming the SLStore folder (which, on a Mac can be found at '/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore').

I tried this, and Lightroom prompted me to sign in to Creative Cloud to authorize the application. It then started up successfully and, as far as I can tell, is working correctly. The process also created a new SLStore folder.

So this may be a possible fix for the issue, although there is a risk that it could cause other problems down the line. Make sure to rename, not delete your SLStore folder, so that you can go back if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked on one of my machines, but not the other (both OSX - go figure!). And once working, both LR installations were missing the 'Edit in' context menu (which I use a LOT to send images to PS, nik collection etc.)..... installing the offline LR5.5 fixed that for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround to rename the folder worked but only half-way.

I signed out, restarted CC Desktop, moved the folders (both SLStore and SLCache), then started LR.

It prompted me to sign in. As soon as I did, LR started, and all was happy for a moment.

Then I closed LR and started it again. As soon as I did:

... "Develop module is disabled. Please renew your membership to reactivate the Develop module".

This is funny. Every time I remove the SLStore folder and re-activate, it works perfectly until I restart it.

The next time I start LR, it says, "Develop module is disabled..."

I do have a current subscription to Photography Program (PS + LR) and PS is working fine as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the following sequence of steps, mentioned in another thread, but slightly modified by me, worked for me.

1. Sign out from CC. I opened PS, then from Help menu selected "Sign out". It prompted me to confirm that this will remove licenses for PS and LR.

2. Quit from CC Desktop (Command+Q, not just close the window. Make sure CC Desktop icon is no longer shown on the menu bar.

3. Uninstall LR from Applications in Finder and clear out the Trash.

4. Remove the SLStore and SLCache folders from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/. I had those two folders backed up just in case.

5. Restart the computer.

6. CC Desktop loads automatically on startup. Click its icon and sign it to your CC account.

7. Install LR from CC Desktop.

8. Launch LR.

LR started with no problems and Develop module is functional.

Edit In... menu shows Photoshop CC (2014) menu item as expected.

PS 2014 starts up fine as well.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Maksim. I'm being told the key step here is to sign out and then sign back in.

For those of you still having problems, either with the app not launching or getting blocked from Develop when you have a valid subscription, please try signing out from the Creative Cloud desktop app, then sign back in. If you are still blocked, reply here and I may need to follow up with you privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie,

I have tried various combinations of sign-out and reinstall, as well as moving around SLStore and SLCache folders and none of these worked until reboot. The key step for me was sign out, and removing those two folders, followed by reboot. I have a hunch that it may be related to a CC process/service holding on to some cached copies of files in those folder which prevented complete cleanup. This would explain why uninstall, cleanup, and reboot followed by re-install helped. It is no more than a hunch, of course, purely from my s/w development background as I obviously don't have access to LR source code.

== Maksim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Maksim's steps (thank you very much) and all is working now, however after the first reboot and before reinstalling LR, my creative cloud desktop was blank (hung).

I signed in via photoshop and then rebooted again and all was well, I then reinstalled LR and now all is well. Thanks Maksim for sharing detailed info and thanks Adobe for getting

right on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad it helped, Jeff. If enough people confirm that this workaround works, maybe helpful folks at Adobe can update the knowledge base article here https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html to include these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch. I will ask for that page to be updated pronto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

Just followed up and looked at the updated KB article here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html

The article now suggests installing LR from stand-alone installer instead of CC.

I do not believe this is the workaround described in this thread.

Installing stand-alone LR will require perpetual license and a serial number which will not work for CC subscribers.

Am I missing something?

Thank you,

== Maksim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for calling that out, Maksim. I've got some further questions out to our support people on that change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines