• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost photos [deleted from Cloud by mistake]

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems syncing my Lightroom mobile photos to desktop app (never had problems before). Somehow I deleted the photos from the cloud by mistake. Is there anyway to get them back? These were really important family photos

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never done that, so don't know if recovery is possible

I also would never have anything important in only one place... I always copy files to a USB drive as backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to sync photos I took using Lightroom mobile camera to my desktop app so I could back them up. But the photos wouldn't sync despite several restarting attempts on both apps. When I pressed on the "cloud" icon on the mobile app, it says "All up to date". However, they didn't show up in my desktop app.

I did some googling and some people suggested to delete the cloud photos so they will get re-synced. I did this, and the photos in my Lightroom mobile app also got deleted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth opening the Mobile Downloads.lrdata file folder just in case (on your PC/Mac) if you havent tried it. Long shot though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for this under Spotlight. But it says I have no application to open this file folder. I'm on a MAC.

Edit: Was able to open the folder. But no lost photos in there. only the ones that has been synced before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good, maybe try the Lightroom Mobile forum, read a couple of threads where they have tried to help in mis-sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I messaged a staff that dealt with syncing issue on other threads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pictures/Lightroom I think is the default location

then right click to show package contents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines