• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lower Refresh Rate/Lag while in Develop

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing a strange issue with Lightroom Classic (9.4) which I wasn't experiencing before. Whenever I switch to Develop, my monitor refresh rate appears to drop to what seems like much below 60, maybe 30 even. I have a 1440p monitor with a 144hz refresh rate. I do lower it to 100hz in Nvidia control panel while editing as it seems to produce more reliable/accurate colours. In any case, no matter what settings I change, in Develop the mouse/LR environment seems "choppy" as if the display was at 30hz vs 100hz. When I exit Develop, it's back to 100hz. 

Things I have tried:

1. Custom GPU acceleration set to RTX 3080
  2. Custom GPU acceleration disabled completely
  3. Custom GPU acceleration set to auto 
  4. Adjust refresh rate from 144 to 120 to 100 to 60 - no fix
  5. Enable "edit with smart previews" (which is how I've always done it)
  6. Reinstall GPU drivers
  7. Reinstall LR

PC Specs are Intel 10900K, Nvidia RTX 3080 with latest drivers installed. Tried all GPU acceleration modes (Custom, Auto, and 3080 OFF). Switched to "prefer maximum performance" in 3D settings via Nvidia Control Panel.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD, thanks for the reply. Here's the information. I'm currently using a Test Catalog as I'm experiencing low CPU utlization during export, which is causing export times to be double to even triple what they usually are. I'm wondering if the issue in my original post is related. 

Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19041
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 3.6 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 32647.9 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32647.9 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3475.9 MB (10.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2865.0 MB
GDI objects count: 608
USER objects count: 1877
Process handles count: 1893
Memory cache size: 80.9MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.4 [ 555 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 61MB / 16323MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 62MB / 32647MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (27.21.14.5671)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\Users\Iain Donnell\Pictures\Test Catalog\Test Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Iain Donnell\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 2206
Subsystem : 38833842
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 10078
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there certain actions in Develop that seem to cause this problem? Please be specific.

In addition to the information requested by @GoldingD, please tell us the size of your images in pixels (width and height) and not in megabytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dj_paige, thanks for the reply. 

We shoot with 24mp, 6000x4000. Please see above for system info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to point out something else I've noticed which may be related. My export speeds are really slow, even when exporting from Desktop to Desktop (meaning the RAW files are located on the Desktop, not on my external USB 3.0 HDD)

Here's a photo of my CPU Utilization during export. The CPU doesn't even warm up, and LR appears to export 5-6 photos within a second of each other, and then takes a break for a handful of seconds before exporting another 5-6 photos. 

CPU Util.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the reason you have switched from Develop Module speed to export speed.

I also don't see where you answered my question: "Are there certain actions in Develop that seem to cause this problem? Please be specific."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the Develop screen refresh rate issue I'm having is sporadic and there's no rhyme or reason as to why it happens. All I know is that when you switch to the Develop module it becomes apparant.

I guess what you're seemingly failing to understand is that I have a CPU utilization issue, as shown in my previous post. You can see export times are slow because of CPU Utilization. The poor CPU Utilization could ALSO be the reason why I'm experiencing "lag" in the Develop Module.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to turn off G-Sync for low refresh rates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines