• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 12 Keeps Hanging & Crashing

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to install LR 12 on Mac OS 12.6.4 on my Mac Pro Lat 2013. I tried even 11.5 but LR refuses to open.

I tried doing the preference trash method but I do not see any Adobe plist file in preferences. I only see two Adobe files: adobegenuineservice and adobedesktopservice. I trashed the catalog file and still, nothing opens or works.

I keep getting the beach ball effect, and bouncing icon but never opens or it opens and hangs leaving my computer not able to shut down or restart. I have plenty of RAM 128GB but still nothing.

Does anyone know which version of LR works best on the OS version? LR for the life of me keeps hanging.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: P: LrC 12.2.1 fails to start/launch or is extremel... – Seite 4 - Adobe Support Community - 13673512 and check if it's help.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this post for the most up-to-date steps to work around the issue Axel linked to:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lrc-12-2-1-fails-to-start-launch-or-is-extre...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the metric file lookup but it is not there. I restarted the machine and tried again to look for the file; nothing was inside that destination. I cannot open the program so I cannot turn off Adobe sharing which seems futile if you can't open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are looking in the User Library and not the System Library.  See the instructions in the post. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pasted the location and still no file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I cannot open the program so I cannot turn off Adobe sharing which seems futile if you can't open it."

You can get to your account's Privacy And Personal Data page directly through a web browser:

https://account.adobe.com/privacy#

The option Share Information On How I Use Adobe Desktop Apps is the first one. (I updated the steps to use the browser method, thanks.)

However, if you don't see "metrics.json" after following the exact steps above, which include restarting your computer and copying/pasting the exact location into Finder or File Explorer, your issue may be unrelated, and disabling sharing may not have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to it through your link and it was in the off switch already. Did the restart and went to the exact location and no file in that location. Is an update coming to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted the 12 version of Lr and installed 11.0 Created a new Lr catalog and did not upgrade or use it from the previous catalog on file, but Lr still hangs (beach ball) at the "Updating Catalog for Plug-in Data" message. Lr opens up and everything looks to be working then it hangs at that screen. It does not move forward from there after 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines