• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR communicates with my printer (Epson 3880), but won't print

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange problem printing wirelessly to my Epson 3880 from my MacBook Pro. Prints fine when I connect directly via USB (Mac to the 3880). However, when I try to print wirelessly from LR (via an old Airport Express) it just sits on "Printing - Connected to printer." But no print (nor any change in the 3880's LCD indicating that it's receiving a print job).

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 5.21.31 PM.png

I can print a test page just fine (from Utility > Print Test Page), and my MacBook Pro sees the ink levels just fine:

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 5.23.30 PM.png

Here's a high-level diagram:

Post to Lightroom Queen - Epson.png

I've been able to print this way (from LR) in the past, but now it's not working. Since I can print a test page just fine, it seems like this is some sort of LR issue (?). But I'm not aware of any settings within LR that I could check and/or change to potentially fix this problem. Any suggestions?

LR version: Classic 12.1

Epson Driver: 10.90

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

As you are talking about the combination of MACOS and EPSON drivers, I would reccomended removing the existing printers (Epson) drivers and all, then installing fresh new copy's.

Note, before installing the printer over again, make sure the MACOS is up to date. A fresh new update of the MACOS could foul up the print drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022
Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 
1.Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2.Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are talking about the combination of MACOS and EPSON drivers, I would reccomended removing the existing printers (Epson) drivers and all, then installing fresh new copy's.

Note, before installing the printer over again, make sure the MACOS is up to date. A fresh new update of the MACOS could foul up the print drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GoldingD -- Thanks!  Appreciate the suggestion.  I'll give it a try. (And I'll post results one way or the other...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 
1.Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2.Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @TheDigitalDog! That did the trick. Now I know: anytime I upgrade my OS, check to make sure printing is still working.  If not, reinstall the printer!  Many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, @GoldingD! A reinstall did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines