• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR3 Slow Rendering

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought id post this up.. see if anyone else is having probs.. everytime i make an image adj, esp in the basic tab the image only fully renders if i zoom into it.. this is getting on my nerves now.. and also they seem to have removed the really close magnification on the zoom.. another feature missed for me.

PLSPLSPLS Adobe...

Continual rendering or atleast the option..

And the super zoom back.

Aaaaathankingyou.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 124 Replies 124
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selby Shanly wrote:

Jay - one more question - what are your preview settings?  (Don't know whether this matters or not, but....)

Thanks,

Selby

Selby,

I'm at 1440 Medium (probably should go to 1680).  I believe I tried both back in 3.0 timeframe and it didn't seem to make any difference.  If you're going to report it again, use the form for the 3.3RC but try to post a screen grab here, so you can reference it in the bug report.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 1680 High - maybe it makes a difference - I'll try it setting down a bit when I get home and retrying.

Selby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2010 Oct 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a lot of testing with an image of a bridge made entirely of metal grating which really makes it obvious when the detail "snaps" in.  I had the bug no matter what I picked for the quality and resolution of previews.  Note - I have a 1920x1200 display.

Then I purged the ACR cache.  That seemed to fix it.

Now it appears to work 100% of the time.  I've changed the preview quality/res parameters some more - made no difference - still worked.  Tried it with and without a top panel.  Still worked.  Worked with images with and without 1:1 previews.  Still worked.  I tweaked the Brightness, Contrast, Clarity, etc. - it worked.

So while I'm not 100% on this, it appears to me that purging the ACR cache is the answer.  Also, after doing that, in grid mode, select a different image to get LR to clean up the memory cached objects from the previous Develop session and then switch back to the original image and go back into Develop.

Note for others - this is rendering in Develop - not anything else.

I'll keep watching it and raise the issue again if it appears to break again.  Also, it would be nice if it got added to the fix list in the release notes for the official 3.3 release.

Selby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2010 Oct 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selby Shanly wrote:

I did a lot of testing with an image of a bridge made entirely of metal grating which really makes it obvious when the detail "snaps" in.  I had the bug no matter what I picked for the quality and resolution of previews.  Note - I have a 1920x1200 display.

Then I purged the ACR cache.  That seemed to fix it.

Now it appears to work 100% of the time.  I've changed the preview quality/res parameters some more - made no difference - still worked.  Tried it with and without a top panel.  Still worked.  Worked with images with and without 1:1 previews.  Still worked.  I tweaked the Brightness, Contrast, Clarity, etc. - it worked.

So while I'm not 100% on this, it appears to me that purging the ACR cache is the answer.  Also, after doing that, in grid mode, select a different image to get LR to clean up the memory cached objects from the previous Develop session and then switch back to the original image and go back into Develop.

Note for others - this is rendering in Develop - not anything else.

I'll keep watching it and raise the issue again if it appears to break again.  Also, it would be nice if it got added to the fix list in the release notes for the official 3.3 release.

Selby

Selby,

Glad it's working now..  Good to know that clearing the ACRCache helped as well.  Not sure why I didn't have to but who can figure a lot of this stuff out at times!  🙂  I mentioned to Dan about it not being in the release notes and I think he was going to look into it.  Again, glad you're back in business on this one.  I now how frustrating it was when it wasn't working right.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the original problem of incomplete/soft/fuzzy rendering in Develop module after changing a slider with the following setup:

• Windows 7 64-bit, latest Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS driver dated 10/16/2010
  • Lightroom 3.2, Develop module in FIT mode (with and without top, left and bottom panel open)
  • Dual monitor: NEC MultiSync 2490WUXi: 1900x1200 resolution

I installed LR 3.3 RC a few hours ago and so far it seems it has completely fixed the above mentioned problem; now after changing a slider in Develop module, I see a full rendering which replaces fuzzy/soft image that LR produces when the sliders are moved. The full rendering takes a fraction of second to happen for my raw images on a HP laptop (Intel Centrino 2 with 4GB or RAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive just installed LR3 on a Mac Pro, the problems Im encountering are soft full size previews in Library and Develop modules, I cant work with this app like this, please Adobe fix it asap, love you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas McConville wrote:

Ive just installed LR3 on a Mac Pro, the problems Im encountering are soft full size previews in Library and Develop modules, I cant work with this app like this, please Adobe fix it asap, love you!

Thomas,

What resolution is the external monitor at?  If you try a "lesser" resolution (under 1920) does the issue go away?

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay, ive only had it at my highest resolution 1920x1200, I'll try a lower res when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas McConville wrote:

Jay, ive only had it at my highest resolution 1920x1200, I'll try a lower res when I get home.

Thomas,

You can try a couple of things, lowering the resolution of the screen, or shrinking the full LR window about 15 - 20% (experiment there)..  Let me know if you can.  I have a problem # you can tack onto if so.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a LCD screen, you do NOT want to lower the resolution. Contrary to older CRT screens, this will result in very ugly scaling and the whole image (not just your picture but also all the controls and such) will be soft because of that. Always use a LCD screen at its native resolution. This is typically the highest it will accept. Instead try making the Lightroom window smaller. If you don't see the window as a window but LR takes over the entire screen, hit the F key until you see the window title bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao vdL wrote:

If this is a LCD screen, you do NOT want to lower the resolution. Contrary to older CRT screens, this will result in very ugly scaling and the whole image (not just your picture but also all the controls and such) will be soft because of that. Always use a LCD screen at its native resolution. This is typically the highest it will accept. Instead try making the Lightroom window smaller. If you don't see the window as a window but LR takes over the entire screen, hit the F key until you see the window title bar.

Jao,

Thanks for the further clarification, and you make good points.  I meant only to suggest trying a lower screen resolution as a diagnostic, not a permenent fix or operational mode.  In my case, taking my Dell 24" down one notch from 1920x1200 does solve the issue of doing a develop edit in fit mode and having the image "freeze" in that partially rendered state.  I also didn't mean to suggest taking it down to like 800x600 sorry if that wasn't clear.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas McConville wrote:

Thomas,

Monitor size and resolution?  Did you try to reduce the size of the LR window a little (usually works)?  Lastly, get it reported to Adobe officially.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to bump this thread as I'm experiencing the same problem on a 24" iMac.

It seems to be only affecting the picture when I'm in "fit' mode.

Is there a solution?  Its getting annoying having to zoom in and out after every change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JLai81 wrote:

Wanted to bump this thread as I'm experiencing the same problem on a 24" iMac.

It seems to be only affecting the picture when I'm in "fit' mode.

Is there a solution?  Its getting annoying having to zoom in and out after every change.

I reported it, but helps if you do as well.  I've also had conversations with Dan Tull about the issue.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knock wood, but the fuzziness appears to be gone in the LR 3.2 RC that

was just posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao vdL wrote:

Knock wood, but the fuzziness appears to be gone in the LR 3.2 RC that

was just posted

Jao,

Which one?  I am still getting the fuzziness in Develop when at 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor and making an adjustment in Develop module and with the image in Fit mode (image remains fuzzy).  Expanding the side panels some or reducing the overall LR window allows Fit mode to work.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was celebrating too early. It only updates correctly when you type a

value in the value box. It doesn't when you move a slider with the

mouse. Weirder and weirder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao vdL wrote:

I was celebrating too early. It only updates correctly when you type a

value in the value box. It doesn't when you move a slider with the

mouse. Weirder and weirder.

Jao,

I referenced your image post (with the 3 panels side by side) specifically when I just filled out the bug report.  Might be helpful if they saw back to back reports of the same issue and the same pointer I'm thinking? 

and yes, is has something to due with the panels and the sliders.  Another example..  move the Vibrance slider (your image should get fuzzy) then double click on the VIbrance lable to reset to Zero..  the image clears up.  Due the same thing but use the slider to reset it to zero and the image remains fuzzy..  I'm at a loss..

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS In CT wrote:

and yes, is has something to due with the panels and the sliders.  Another example..  move the Vibrance slider (your image should get fuzzy) then double click on the VIbrance lable to reset to Zero..  the image clears up.  Due the same thing but use the slider to reset it to zero and the image remains fuzzy..  I'm at a loss..

Jay S.

I can confirm this behavior on Win7/32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee Jay wrote:

JayS In CT wrote:

Jay S.

I can confirm this behavior on Win7/32.

Lee Jay,

Thanks...  Do you mind add your voice (from a Windows perspective) to the bug list?  I think both Jao and I are on Macs.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I just installed the 3.2 Release Candidate and the issue stills exists with editing and getting the less than fully rendered result.  I would suggest folks report this via the bug report associated with the 3.2 release so that Adobe remains aware.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed /or not/ in LR 3.3RC ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am holding my breath here, but I think this issue may be fixed in the 3.3 update... I have tried several different screen sizes and so far things are running smoothly.  I have thought several other times that it was fixed with it just to flare up again so I am not fully convinced but so far so good.  I will post another update in a couple days if every thing is still running smoothly.

Matt

Freedom Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freedomphotography wrote:

Ok, I am holding my breath here, but I think this issue may be fixed in the 3.3 update... I have tried several different screen sizes and so far things are running smoothly.  I have thought several other times that it was fixed with it just to flare up again so I am not fully convinced but so far so good.  I will post another update in a couple days if every thing is still running smoothly.

Matt

Freedom Photography

Matt,

Good to hear.  I'm downloading the RC today and will try here on 24" Dell as well.  Will be good to get whatever screen real estate I want, back. 

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing some improvement but I don't think we are quite there yet. I am running a 30" monitor at 2560 x 1600 with the latest Nvidia driver (released yesterday).  I have the catalog preview settings at 2048 and High Quality.  I have re-rendered  individual previews but I still see a distinct softness in the library preview.  It does go away if I render a 1:1 or zoom in and out.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines