• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC 12.2 trashed us and our catalog

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was away, did the update, LRC, it converted the catalog, shows no photo in Develop, and no presets, and all trashed.

Don't know what to do. Tried 3 backups (that were all good), and nothing different. Don't know how to fix it. Windows 11. LRC 12.2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you mention that LrC upgraded you catalog, I assume you were in some version of LrC V 11.

You can rollback to V11.x in the Adobe Creative Cloud App.

In CC app,  All Apps tab, on the Lightroom Classic line, click on the three dots at the right. From the dropdown menu, choose Other Versions. Click on the V11 version you had before to install it,

Once it is installed, open the old catalog that was used to upgrade to V12.2. I will still be in its original place on your drive.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on version 12, just before 12.2. I did go back to October version 11.5 and I finally utilized a backup and it is working. However, I cannot update to the next. How do I try now to update and move ahead? Version 11.5 will not open any of the backups I had from version 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possible issues, perhaps both

1. LrC upgraded the wrong catalog, either upgraded an older one, or failed to upgrade any catalog and gave you a new one. Search for a different catalog.

2. You store presets with catalog, and something went wrong and that setting did not Get included, and presets did not get copied. Best solution, never store presets with catalog. Working solution, find the folder the presets are in and copy to correct location (might just involve a correct file name)

3.For both above, likely cause is a corrupt preference file(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How, then do I update to a newer version and it will convert the catalog like it always has and all will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I open the catalog I can open, change what opens, go to next version, see if it will ask me to upgrade catalog? OR will it just ask me to upgrade without changing something in the preferences? I need help, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a catalog in my computer backups from last October. I don't know if it contains all my pictures a fixes. However, I was able to fix the catalog to v11.5. Then I did an update and the catalog seems all ok. I don't know how to add anything from October 2022 into 2023, or just let it go, and mumble and grumble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old backup will not have photos associated to it that you imported after that backup was created. You are probably looking at importing them into the working catalog. If you happened to write adjustments and settings metadata to XMP ( a catalog settings option) then the import might bring the edits with it (I have not tried). You might want to test this. Oh, and probably select Add in the import screen, no need to Copy.

Warning, other members might call me out on the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know how you are telling me to do this: "You are probably looking at importing them into the working catalog. If you happened to write adjustments and settings metadata to XMP ( a catalog settings option) then the import might bring the edits with it (I have not tried). You might want to test this. Oh, and probably select Add in the import screen, no need to Copy.:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines