• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC 12.4 doesn't backup catalog to NAS SMB Share with full control

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to LRC 12.4 I have not been able to backup the catalog onto my TrueNAS.

I am running Macbook Pro OS Big Sur 11.7.8.

Created TrueNAS Pool for lightroom SMB share has full control for user and everyone (only did this temporary for testing)

MacOS Permissions and Privacy settings was given full access to LRC.

No matter what I do, it fails to do a backup of the LRC Catalog.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been at least one other report here of problems with TrueNAS.  See if this reply might help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-import-kernel-panic/m-p/13938...

Also, you're on Mac OS 11, which could be related to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response but I don't think it applies. I don't have a Silicon Mac and my Macbook doesn't crash (I'm not getting kernel panics). I do have the latest updates to my TrueNAS and for the time being, LRC and PS has full disk access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a tech person but, I do believe it has to do with the SMB with the Mac. With Windows, the LRC catalog backup works fine w/o any problem on my TrueNAS SMB share. Once I try to do the catalog backup from my Mac, then it fails. Now here is the gist of it all, if I use (the now deprecated) AFP, my LRC catalog backups, metadata updates, image imports, etc. works wonderfully w/o problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SMB is the standard protocol that Mac uses with all NAS (AFP has been deprecated by Apple since Mac OS 11.0).  Large numbers of people use NAS with LR on Macs, so most likely there's something particular to your configuration: A three-year-old version of Mac OS and/or TrueNAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines