• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC and Windows 11?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Lightroom Classic ready for Windows 11?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 isn't actually released by Microsoft and the release date isn't known by anyone.

I think LR is running with the new Windows version and Adobe will be updated all of their apps if it's necessary 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already said by Axel, it probably will be compatible from the release date of 11.

Windows 11 is not even available as beta release yet. All there currently is availabe is a developer version and I wouldn't expect Adobe to share information based on an early stage developer version.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget about LrC; is anyone ready for Windows 11? I know I'm not after the problems I had upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Lightroom Classic ready for Windows 11?

By @keithz829

You should ask Adobe. We are not Adobe in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm running Windows 11 Pro at Insider program.

Creative cloud runs normaly, installation is possible. Lihtroom Classic starts but saying "cann't connect to server" and will exit. Even internet is available. So I would say its not working in Windows 11 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undoubtedly, there are glitches right now if you try to install/use software in Windows 11 that was only tested and certified on earlier operating systems.

Undoubtedly, when Windows 11 is released, there will be a version of LrC that was developed and tested on Windows 11 (as this has always been the case in the past for Adobe software when new operating systems are introduced).

Undoubtedly, there will still be glitches when a compatible LrC for Win 11 is released (as this has always been the case in the past), although the seriousness of these glitches can't be known until the software is actually been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so weird, I was given the option to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows 10 Pro a couple of months ago. I may be signed up for some insider testing program that allowed me to do that, I can't recall. I have been using LRC for months on Windows 11 Pro and today, the actual official launch date of Windows 11, Lightroom can't find images when I click on them. When I talked to support at Adobe today they said that LRC had not yet been tested on Windows 11 yet (despite the fact that today, October 5, 2021 is the launch date. Anyone have any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 11 PRO Beta Channel Windows Insider Program Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.194 installed on 31/07/2021 and have not noticed any problem in using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. For me it is completely ready.

Windows 11 will be released this month of October.

grt Frans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic and Windows 11 have frozen a couple of times today while working in Lightroom Develop module. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences? In several cases this helps to make Lightroom stable.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If this doesn't help please reset the Lightroom preferences and check. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Windows 11 and LR/PS without any performance issues. However the color profile is off for LR where images are desaturated.  Laptop monitor is calibrated with a 1studio display. 

I took an edited image from my laptop to my desktop and the image difference is striking (with  the aforementioned desaturation no longer present), and the image looked as I desired it to look.  My desktop is running Windows 10 and is also calibrated with 1studio display colorometer.   

Anyone else seeing this issue?  It almost seems as if it is a Windows color profile issue more than a LR issue since the end image looks like  I desire, albeit on my desktop not my laptop. 

Any ideas to help with this by chance?  I'd like to use my laptop more b/c it is WAY faster than my desktop for workflow and it was working, (i.e. edited image looked the same on the desktop). 

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited: I'd like to use my laptop more b/c it is WAY faster than my desktop for workflow. The output of images from my laptop was working, as desired, prior to Windows update to 11 (which is why I think it is a Windows color profile issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would compare the Gamut display results between the laptop and desktop. It could be that  your desktop display has a wider Gamut. Should looke something like this but also include your device.

DS256_0-1636836095179.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my latest answer in this thread. Windows 11 has a known (major) issue with color management. There is no workaround (let alone a proper fix) as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and information. It goes a long way to confirming my suspicions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Let me know when you find a workaround or fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommend upgrading to Windows 11. Mainly for one reason: The color management is even worse than in Windows 10 and currently not working at all with Adobe. To this day, Lightroom and many other tools are not ably get the monitor profiles. There is no workaround for this issue and discussed on several platforms (Reddit, Microsoft Community, Adobe Community). 

Eizo even explicitly advises not to use Windows 11 because of this isse:

Due to a bug in the OS, it is not possible to get the ICC profile information even though the ICC profile has been correctly applied to the OS. There is currently no solution within the software settings. We highly recommend not using a PC installed with Microsoft Windows 11 for the time being.

By Eizo

Additionally, I have severe issues with DPI and scaling of the UI, but I can't confirm that this is a specific Windows 11 issue or just a general bug.  See here and here

I'd say Lightroom would be Windows 11 ready since it performs really well besides the two issues I mentioned. If you calibrated your monitors and color management is important to you, then definitely wait with upgrading until this issue is fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Calibrite (who bought X-Rite i.e. ColorMunki, i1Display, etc.)  has a disclaimer posted to their software download webpage warning that pre-release Windows 11 has color profile issues with some devices.  It supports what Nico has said, and what I suspected. 

https://calibrite.com/us/software-downloads/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines