• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC did not create a new year folder when I imported images from 1 January 2022

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my RAW files set to automatically organize "by date" into a folder LRC creates in the format "YYYY" and then subfolder "YYYY-MM-DD" in the Pictures main folder on my hard drive (Macbook Pro macOS Monterey 12.0.1).  I do not believe I have ever had a sub-folder selected in the import dialog, just the "by date" option.  See attached screenshot.

In the past, I am pretty certain LRC automatically created a new "YYYY" subfolder under "Pictures" when the year changed.  

When I downloaded photos from 1 January 2022, LRC created the subfolder 2022-01-01 for the RAW files, but put them in the existing "2021" subfolder instead of creating a "2022" subfolder.

What can I do to fix this?  I suspect if I just move the folders manually in Finder than the Catalog will no longer be able to find them.

Could it be that I am on Guam and we are 15 hrs ahead of EST, so our 1 January 2022 photos were still 31 December 2021 in the US?  I don't see how, but just can't explain it

Thank you,

Steve

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue!

How did you solve it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the folder in Finder (I am a Mac user).

I then selected that folder in the right column of the import dialog.

Screenshots below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chosen date scheme in that screenshot does not include the creation of any "year" folder, only the creation of a "day" folder inside whatever destination is chosen. So the "year" would be up to you to manage each time.

It does not have to be like that: you can have LrC create the "years" as needed, and then put each "day" folder within the correct year, all by itself. You would then keep the chosen destination constant, as the parent folder within which these "years" are to happen. This is the second option in the screenshot below (a date system 2 levels deep). The one highlighted is the one that I happen to use (3 levels deep). The one shown in your screenshot is listed lower down (1 level deep). 

richardplondon_0-1650495051424.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines