Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC starts up really slow after Updating to macOS 12.3

Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone has or had this problem after updating to macOS 12.3.  When using macOS 12.2, everything with the Creative Cloud was just fine.  Both Photoshop and Lightroom worked just fine.  After updating to 12.3, only Lightroom has the start up problem.  It takes over a minuter to load the first time I start it.  After the initial startup it will reopen in just a matter of seconds.  I've uninstalled LR 11.2 and re-installed it.  After doing that, when I opened it the first time it open in seconds.  So, I figured I had it solved.  Nope!  The next time I tried opening LR, it took over a minuter to load up.  Once open, it works just fine.  Here are my specs.  iMac Late 2019, 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1TB SSD, 64 GB Memory, and Radeon Pro 580X 8GB.  My SSD has 650GB Free and I have a 500GB SSD as a Scratch Drive.

Any ideas would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the trouble with Lightroom & Photoshop. If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop & Lightroom you are working on from Help > About Photoshop/Lightroom Classic? Does this happen when you launch Photoshop or Lightroom alongside or separately? Where is the catalog stored for Lightroom Classic? Is it on the internal drive or an external drive?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

To begin with Lightroom Classic, please go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences in performance, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

There are a series of suggestions related to hardware & software optimization and other in-app operations you can do to optimize Lightroom Classic's performance in this article, and please give this a detailed read through: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Similarly, please go to Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Uncheck it and restart Photoshop. You can also optimize Camera Raw, which handles Raw images in Photoshop by going to Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Performance > Uncheck Graphics processor and increase the cache sizes too.

Please check this series of suggestions related to software optimization and in-app changes you can do to optimize Photoshop's performance in this article, and please give this a detailed read through: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if this helps. We hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sameer,

I'm using version 11.2 for Lightroom and 23.2.2 for Photoshop.  I have not issues with Photoshop.  My only problem is the very slow launching of Lightroom since upgrading to macOS 12.3 from 12.2.  Once I've waited for LR to launch the first time (over a minute), it starts up normally.  My catalog is located on my iMac main hard drive, which is an SSD 1TB with 640GB free space.  I'v tried all the stuff in the links provide with no improvement to the initial launching of LR.  I've also uninstalled LR and Re-installed it with no improvement.  The only thing I have not done is reset my perfernces, which I'll try after the next LR update if the update doesn't solve my issue.  It's just crazy that it would only be at the initial start up of the app.  I shut down my computer every night and reboot in the morning.  After I launch LR the first time, it starts up just fine.

Thanks,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines