• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC stuck at opening my catalog

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday Lightroom can no longer open my catelog.

The symptom is when I double-click my catalog there is a gray banner that says "Lightroom - Opening Catalog: Lightroom Catalog-v10.lrcat" but it then stuck in there forever. Meanwhile, I saw the "shm" and "wal" files in the directory repeatedly being created and deleted, and CPU is busy (12.5%).

I tried logging out and in Creative Cloud, uninstalling and reinstalling, but neither helped. I also tried opening a catelog backup but still saw the same issue.

The last time I successfully opened Lightroom was around 10/23, so something happened between 10/23 and 10/31. This coincides with the LR 11 rollout so it's possible that's related.

LrC version: 11.0

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider resetting the preference file. The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive uninstalls, reinstalls, updates, upgrades. When you reset the preference file many if not all settings in preferences and elsewhere may revert to defaults

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I reset the preference file Lightroom can open, but as soon as I open my catalog (which requires restarting Lightroom), the issue came back.

I highly suspect the problem is the incompatibility of Lightroom 11 with my catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my catalog.
Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines