• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRMogrify2 and Catalina OS

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing IOS Catalina I have lost the use of LRMogrify2. I get an error message

"magick cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified"

"Failed to run Mogrify..more info in the txt file"

It appears to me that a new security feature has been added via Catalina.

How to I get LRMogrify2 to work again?

Thanks for any help in this matter.  NH

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Looks like the plugin developer hasn't updated LR/Mogrify 2 to cope with the extra security of Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina).

1. Send an email to the developer pointing this out.  See the contact info at the bottom of this page:

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php?sec=faq

Suggest that the first time plugin runs, it execute the command "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path", where path is _PLUGIN.path.

2. To work around this installation bug:

a. In Finder navigate to the folde

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Correction in step 2d: "mogrify" => "magick"

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the plugin developer hasn't updated LR/Mogrify 2 to cope with the extra security of Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina).

1. Send an email to the developer pointing this out.  See the contact info at the bottom of this page:

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php?sec=faq

Suggest that the first time plugin runs, it execute the command "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path", where path is _PLUGIN.path.

2. To work around this installation bug:

a. In Finder navigate to the folder where you placed the plugin.  

b. Right-click LRMogrify2.lrplugin and do Show Package Contents.

c. Open the subfolder LRMogrify2.extras LRMogrify.extras.

d. Hold down the Ctrl key, right-click "mogrify" "magick", and do Open.

e. Confirm when it asks if you really want to open it.

f. Close the Terminal window that appears (ignore what it contains).

Now run the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you yes this has worked.

I did email the developer, but I did not receive a reply. Hence asked the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this is related. I am on Big Sur with the latest version of Lightroom Classic. Been using Mogrify for years. Recently reinstalled Lightroom Classic and when I try to add back the Mogrify plugin it won't load and the error message just says it won't work without any details. Tried the workaround mentioned above without success. By the way, in the Mogrify folder I have, which I downloaded recently to be sure, the folder your describe as LRMogrify2.lrplugin is called LRMogrify.lrplugin. I emphasize that this is from a recent download of the plugin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction to my previous comment. The folder that John Ellis describes above as LRMogrify2.extras is called LRMogrify.extras in the Mogrify folder I downloaded recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subfolder entitled LRMogrify.extras is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At David, have you got the Plug-in working?

I have this plug-in on my system from the very early versions of Lightroom it was a life saver in the early days particularly with the resizing and borders options.

It still functions on my Big Sur system.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. Downloaded the plugin again and the LRMogrify subfolder was not empty this time. So, it is working again. Don't know why the plugin sometimes has an empty subfolder folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This also allows LRMogrify2 to work with MacOS Ventura. WHEW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped me to solve the same issue. Thank you for the step by step help. Super grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I join the thank you for the step by step help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction in step 2d: "mogrify" => "magick"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you.

I am really happy LR Mogrify is working for me in LR under Mac Ventura!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Hmm, I just downloaded and installed LR/Mogrify 2 and the recipe I posted above (edited for the correct folder name) worked for me on Mac OS 11.3.1 / LR 10.4.

When I first tried to do an export with the plugin, I got this error:

johnrellis_0-1630690943000.png

After following the recipe and doing an export again with the plugin, the export proceeded but the plugin produced this error:

johnrellis_1-1630691086668.png

The solution in this thread successfully worked around that problem.

If the recipe still doesn't work, you could try using Macports to install Imagemagick on your Mac and then configuring LR/Mogrify2 to use that version:

johnrellis_2-1630691351406.png

I haven't tried that and don't know if it work -- one risk is that the plugin may not be compatible with the new version of Imagemagick (the plugin has its own, very old copy of Imagemagick).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get the error message you got. I get this when I try to load the plug-in, including after doing the Control-right click thing on the Magick file: "An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in.No other details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in.

That error occurs when you've selected a folder or file that's not the actual plugin. Make sure you've selected LRMogrify2.lrplugin before you click Add Plug-in:

johnrellis_0-1630712003570.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having issues running the plugin on my Imac (Big Sur 11.6.1).
I've followed the steps, located and opened the magick icon. However, I still get the message "filed to run mogrify, export aborted" when trying to export files.
Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thank you
ThanksScreenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.20.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please attach here the file LRMogrify2_log.txt that was placed on your Desktop.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the plugin and successfully followed the steps described here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lrmogrify2-and-catalina-ios/m-p/1074244...

So let's figure out what's going wrong with your installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
i've just bought a MacBookAir M2 with Monterey IOS and installed LR CC 12.1.
I downloaded Mogrify 2 (last version 5.10) and I have the same issue and get the message "filed to run mogrify, export aborted" when trying to export files.
I followed the steps given :

a. In Finder navigate to the folder where you placed the plugin.  

b. Right-click LRMogrify2.lrplugin and do Show Package Contents.

c. Open the subfolder LRMogrify2.extras LRMogrify.extras.

d. Hold down the Ctrl key, right-click "magick", and do Open.

e. Confirm when it asks if you really want to open it.

f. Close the Terminal window that appears (ignore what it contains).
But the issue remains the same.
I really don't know what to do now...
Thanks for your help to all !
Olivier (from France 😉 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sharkoliv, after step e, do you see the Terminal window appear?  It should look similar to the screenshot below.  If you see it, please make a screenshot and post it here.  If you don't see it, look for a file LRMogrify2_log.txt that was placed on your Desktop -- attach it to your reply here. I suspect what might be going wrong, and with the screenshot and log file, I might be able to provide a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis, thanks for your answer, yes I see the Terminal window and I've also the LRMogrify2_log.txt file on my Mac, here is the text inside :

"

sh: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC/LRMogrify2.lrplugin/LRMogrify.extras/magick: Bad CPU type in executable

The error occured when trying to run this command:
"/Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC/LRMogrify2.lrplugin/LRMogrify.extras/magick" mogrify -virtual-pixel mirror -bordercolor "rgb(100.00%,100.00%,100.00%)" -background "rgb(100.00%,100.00%,100.00%)" -gravity northwest -extent 2048x1152 -border 102x102 -depth 16 -strip -type TrueColor "/tmp/lua_5Rj3S8.tif" 1> "/Users/oliviermely/Desktop/LRMogrify2_log.txt" 2>&1"

Thanks for your help,
Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"sh: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC/LRMogrify2.lrplugin/LRMogrify.extras/magick: Bad CPU type in executable"

Oh, right, you're on Apple Silicon, while the version of ImageMagick included in LR/Mogrify2 is for Intel. You'll need to manually install Apple's Rosetta:

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2020/11/17/installing-rosetta-2-on-apple-silicon-macs/

For some reason Apple doesn't include it automatically with Apple Silicon Macs, and Mac OS isn't smart enough to tell you that you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnrellis,

thank so much, I installed Rosetta and now Mogrigy works perfectly !
All good, 🙂
Take care,
Olivier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back to having this same problem again after having had to reinstall LR Classic. I have gone through the process described above that worked before, the last time I had this problem, and it is no longer working. Any new ideas? I am on an Intel Mac, using the latest version of LR Classic and Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines