• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Photos integration broken?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Monterey, so my photos file is newer than 9.5.1 and Lightroom Classic won't connect!!! This is frustrating!

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 12.36.28 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic are you running?

Go into the Plug-In Manager and tell us what version of the iPhoto Importer you see.

PlugIns.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just got confirmation from Adobe that LRClassic doesn't work with Photos. YET! Supposedly they're working on a plug-in for it:

Please note that iPhotos library does not work in Lightroom classic as it discontinued by apple. However, our engineers are working on the new Photos app plugin with Lightroom classic. As a workaround, we request you to import your photos directly from your Desktop folders or any external devices.

I do find it odd that years after discontinuing iPhoto, Adobe still has it all over the place and not it's successor, considering how many mac users also use Adobe products. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Mac imaging App is called {Photos}

The old discontinued App was called {iPhoto}

The Lightroom-Classic function to Import an {iPhoto} catalog only works with the 'old' {iPhoto} app, NOT the 'new' {Photos} app.

To Import image files that are in the {Photos} (hidden 'Package') file system you need to extract the original files out of the {Photos} app.

PHOTOS library to import ..

PHOTOS APP LOCKS IMAGE FILES- Best Explanation

Stop using the {Photos} App. Do not import to the {Photos} app. Use only Lightroom-Classic to import your camera files and your problems will cease.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Um... that's not going to get my 35,000 photos into lightroom classic. I've ditched the idea of using that app anyway. I'm good, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines