Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Macbook Air M1 very hot with Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Macbook Air M1 becomes very hot everytime I use Lightroom Classic. It happens even if I just look at the photos in the catalog and without making adjsutments. It becomes so hot that it is almost difficult to touch it. Does it happen to anyone else? Is this normal? Is there a way to solve this? With all the other softwares it works fine. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't advise on specific temepratures for the MacBook Air, which has no fan(s) to cool the M1 module. However, I can say that the M1 Mac mini, which has a very effective fan, temperature increases to around 38 deg C immediately after launch, and increases to around 40 deg C when louping through the Library module. If left to idle the temperature drops to around 32 deg C.

Given above and the absence of a fan, I would expect the M1 Air to be a good 5 deg C or more higher than the M1 mini, which puts it into the hot to touch, but not burn, band.

If you install an application called 'iStat Menus' you can monitor the actual temeprature, CPU, memory. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your answer. I was expeting high temperatures after heavy works but not during normal adjustments in Ligthroom. I work with DaVinci Resolve and the Macbook is always cool, for example. Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional information on typical temperature and use cases https://www.ithinkdiff.com/m1-macbook-air-fanless-tests/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines