Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magenta cast on print preview

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just installed my Canon Pro-10s. I have disabled the printer colour management to prevent double processing. I have selected the correct profile. When I go to print a picture the print preview comes up with a heavy magenta cast although the photo appears to print fine if I continue. Any solution ?

AB63BECD-C104-490A-AD92-AD1EC72B9311.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Photoshop's Print Preview isn't color managed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batman385  wrote

None of that worked.

This 'problem' has absolutely nothing to do with Lightroom. It's your printer dialog that's the issue.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batman385  wrote

None of that worked.

That clearly indicates the printer driver preview is not color manged. The solution is to use LR or PS soft proof previews for adjusting the image. If that matches the actual printer output then you have no issue, correct?

You can contact Canon Tech Support, but they'll probably tell you the same thing.......or perhaps not have a clue what you're talking about!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon advise they can’t assist on third party software. Adobe support too my laptop over and also failed. They suggested I raise it as an issue to be looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batman385  wrote

Canon advise they can’t assist on third party software. Adobe support too my laptop over and also failed. They suggested I raise it as an issue to be looked at.

Canon, and perhaps you do not understand this has absolutely nothing to do with third party software. IT IS THE PRINT DRIVER.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batman385

Here's what you said in your original post. "When I go to print a picture the print preview comes up with a heavy magenta cast although the photo appears to print fine if I continue."

If the print matches LR or PS soft proof then you have no issue. There's no need to try and "fix" the printer driver color management. Simply stop using its print preview and use LR or PS's soft proof tools.

If the print does NOT match LR or PS soft proof that's a different story and we can provide further assistance. Otherwise we're going in circles with nothing to resolve. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soft proof is fine, print preview now disabled. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines