• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Main Lightroom image different than Navigator panel image and image edited in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently noted that when I've edited an image in LR Classic and then move it over to PS that the images are materially different (appears to be tone, color and saturation and possibly other LR edits).  Also, the small image that shows in the Navigator panel of LR Classic doesn't look like the main image in LR Classic when viewed in the Develop module but does look like the image that I've exported to PS.  The Library module image, looks like the Navigator panel image and looks like the image imported into PS ( three images look the same); however the main image in the LR Classic Develop module is different. I am using the Prophoto color space in both LR and PS and am running LR Classic 9.2 and PS 21.1.0.  My operating environment is Mac OS Catalina.

I hope this makes sense.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your display may be configured with a display profile that is corrupt or incompatible with LR. (Library and Develop have different code for using the display profile.) To test that quickly, see this article: 

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-...

If that doesn't help, try setting the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and I turned the Graphic processor off just like you suggested and it fixed the problem. Now the main image, the library image, the one at my navigator  and the one exported to  photoshop look the same. Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have an old graphics driver installed. Go to Preferences > Performance to see which graphics hardware you have, then go directly to the manufacturer's web site to download the most recent driver.  (Windows Update typically doesn't give you the latest driver.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLLOW UP TO INITIAL POST - After researching further, I ran across several threads re. LR and PS with BenQ monitors: I use a BenQ SW271.  I followed some of the suggestions from some of the earlier threads and recalibrated the monitor using PME.  That seemed to help.  I assume using a newer version of PME also helped.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try (if you can) making Matrix instead of LUT based profiles and always set for V2 not V4 ICC profiles. Might help. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines