• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Masking and Adaptive presets not working or unreliable

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated to LrC 23 days ago and started experiencing a lot if reliability issues with Masking and Adaptive Presets (moslty selecting subject and background) after about 15 days of use. I did a lot of editing during those first 15 days and had zero issues. It is to the point now that Masking and Adaptive Presets (selecting subject and background) rarely do what they are supposed to and I get error messages. When it does work it misses badly and ends up being a blob of a selection for the backgound or subject.  

Error message 1.

Selcting an Adaptive presest I get the pop up error message "Your edits were applied, but updating AI setting may take some time" There a is progress bar but it just hangs and I have to force quit the program eventually. 

Error message 2.

Selecting a Mask such as Subject or Background I get the pop up error message "Something went wrong, there was an unexpected error and your request could not be completed."

I searched the forums here and could not find anything that helped. Hoping to get some community help as my edits are starting to pile up!!! Thanks! 

Here is my system info.

Lightroom Classic version: 12.0.1 [ 202210260744-9e008017 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 13
Version: 13.0.1 [22A400]
Application architecture: x64 (emulated)
Logical processor count: 10
Processor speed: 2.4GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 260.8 MB (1.5%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 49,465.2 MB
Memory cache size: 281.3MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.0 [ 1261 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1759MB / 8191MB (21%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1913MB / 16384MB (11%)
Standard Preview Size: 3024 pixels
Displays: 1) 3024x1964

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M1 Pro
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Off

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/blainewood/Pictures/New catalog/New catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/blainewood/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Your 'System Info' is indicating that LrC is running in emulation (Rosetta 2) mode. This is known to have an adverse impact on some of the masking options. It's realtivel easy to check fix. Simply select the application icon and ensure that teh checkbox labelled 'Open in Rosetta' is unchecked.

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

For some reason I couldn't attach a screenshot to my earlier post. Hopefully, it works this time.

open-in-rosetta.png

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 'System Info' is indicating that LrC is running in emulation (Rosetta 2) mode. This is known to have an adverse impact on some of the masking options. It's realtivel easy to check fix. Simply select the application icon and ensure that teh checkbox labelled 'Open in Rosetta' is unchecked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I couldn't attach a screenshot to my earlier post. Hopefully, it works this time.

open-in-rosetta.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, Much appreciated. No idea how that box got checked. I uncheked it and restarted LRC and it seems to work like it should now. Can't thank you enough! 

Blaine

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out and thanks for including your 'System Info' as providing it really helps to quickly establish whether the usual suspects are the culprit ot not. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. That was one thing I learned pretty quick when reading through the forums trying to find an answer. Provide as much detail as possbile and alwasty provide "System Info". PS. I wish these forums had spell checker! lol

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines