• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mass Copy Settings from Virtual Copy To Original?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I would like to know if there is a way I can copy settings from ALL virtual copies and apply them to their respected master copies?

We've started outsourcing our editing to PHAiTO and sometimes we crop the images before they're color corrected.  When we import the edited catalog back in, we save the originals as a virual copy.  I then go and copy the crop from each virtual copy and paste it onto the imported photos...one by one.   It's a simple task but takes forever.  

Any suggestions or insight if this is possible or not? Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not sync the develop settings from the original (the image before outsourcing) to the new (now virtual) copy, selecting just Crop in the Synchronize Settings?

Metod 1 in (ref 1) but only selecting Crop.

(ref 1): https://www.slrlounge.com/5-different-syncing-methods-to-cut-down-workflow-in-lightroom-4/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll add one more possible 'solution':

Find all the VC's and export as DNG. Now they are actual raw files (not in a  proprietary database), and can be considered 'new' masters. Keep the old ones or don't. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines