• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata panel is now blank ver 12.2.1

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to ver 12.2.1 my metdata panel will not show ANY previously entered metadata no matter what setting I use.  The location data added by Lightroom does show (greyed out as it is supposed to be) and all metadata fields are still intact in all of my images (looked at in various other none Adobe apps).  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Sounds like the Metadata panel is in edit-only mode. Click on the inscrutable icon in the upper-left corner to switch to view-and-edit mode:

johnrellis_0-1680728053534.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I did not even know that icon existed.  Adobe really needs to work harder to retain ALL settings in an update OR properly document what might be changed in an update.  "Inscrutable" icon indeed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also want to click Selected Photos (right below), to get the default behavior from previous versions. Then when you select multiple photos and change a metadata field, the change will be made to all the selected photos, not just the target (current) photo.  (You need to have multiple photos selected to change the option.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeh, thanks.  I had already found that one.  The logic behind only being able to set "Selected Photos" when multiple images are selected totally escapes me.  However, I did stumble into that one by chance so I am good to go - until the next update at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines