• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing photos after updatte

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last upgrade for Lightroom Classic lost all of my photos and started out with an instruction to start importing. Several hours later all my photos were back (I think) but all collections were wiped out. Please please Adobe if you are going to do something like that for an upgrade please submit a warning.. I have been using lightroom since it first came out and have never seen anything like this. Please someone explain. 

I have windows 11 on a new desktop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like LrC failed to upgrade the correct catalog. Search your computer for the correct catalog, double click on the file to launch LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me also! (Going v11> v12) My working catalog was on a D:drive and LrC could not find it and so tried to create a new empty Catalog on C:drive.

Your new catalog will not have any editing or work!

Find your correct working catalog, as advised by @GoldingD and [Double-Click] to open it, which will then ask you to upgrade this 'correct' catalog.

When you have your old catalog working correctly, you can Delete that new catalog that has no edits or collections.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you have your old catalog working correctly, you can Delete that new catalog that has no edits or collections.

By @Rob_Cullen

It is mandatory to delete the newly created catalog structure, to avoid later confusion. Best is to note down the location of that catalog.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines