• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Presets & Need Help

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I recently updated Lightroom Classic and once again, my presets disappeared. They are the correct file format (.xmp), the "show partially hidden presets" button is checked, the "store presets in catalog" button is unchecked, I've made sure the presets are stored in the correct folder... it got to the point where I point them in multiple places just to see if it would work.

They show up in "Quick Develop," but I can't see them under "Presets." What in the world!

I have no idea what's going on. Anyone have insight? Thank you in advance!!

Presets.JPGSaved Preset Quick Develop.JPGSystem Info.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

These symptoms have been reported now and then over the past few years.  It's a user-interface display bug, not an issue with your presets. 

As a first step, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the Disclosure Triangle connected to Presets, what is displayed? A screenshot please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GoldingD, I did a screen recording. Here is the link: loom screenshare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted not relevant.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say, "and once again, my presets disappeared," how did you address the issue before?

Make sure to double-check your preferences for Presets.

-see attached-

2022-04-27_06-32-00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @josephlavine, when this happened before, I had to move my presets to the correct folder so Lightroom knew where to pull them from. The visibility button in my preset preferences is checked, unfortunately. I wish that was the issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These symptoms have been reported now and then over the past few years.  It's a user-interface display bug, not an issue with your presets. 

As a first step, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnrellis THANK YOU SO MUCH! That solved the issue 🙂 I appreciate your help so so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines