Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Missing subfolders

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

After the latest update I can no longer open subfolders on my external harddrive when trying to import to the lightroom catalog? Is there some adjustment I can do to change that or is it some kind of bug in the system? It's really annoying when in stead of opening a subfolder I need to open a whole years worth of photos. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. Would you mind sharing the version of the Lightroom you're using?

Have all of those subfolders been imported into Lightroom? We're here to help. Just need some info.

Could you please share the screenshot of the folder panel which is displaying the subfolders?

Regards,

Tarun

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Non of these have been imported to LR, it's when I'm trying to import that I can't open the subfolders of for exampel Bilder 2016.

2541B782-D5E8-4B84-A287-8EE516414CA1.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

Please help us with the version of Lightroom you're using? Are you able to open folders from the internal hard drive?

Try to uninstall and reinstall the application from the Creative Cloud desktop app and then restart the computer and check if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer open subfolders on my external harddrive ...

The term "open" can have several meanings. Please explain exactly what you are doing in LrC, step-by-step, when you try to "open" a folder. And if there is an error message, please provide the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your current MACOS, and did it get upgraded recently from pre Catalina?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expansion Drive and Segate Expansion drive, are those different drives?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines