• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing 'user presets' folder

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest update I can't find any folder of these: appdata, develop presets or user presets when I am trying to import my presets to Lightroom cc and I just don't know where these folders are. Is it possible I have delited them somehow? If so How can I get it back? I have imported presets to Lightroom cc before with no problems but now I am lost. Please advise what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ewelinan83952784,

Sorry that your app presets are missing since the latest update.

It is important to know which version of Lightroom are you using: Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC?

For Lightroom Classic CC: When you launch the CC 7.3.1 app after updating, it converts all your develop presets (.lrtemplate) to XMP again and appends double tilde ~~ in the .lrtemplate filenames that have been successfully converted. At each subsequent launch, Lightroom Classic checks for.lrtemplate preset files that haven't been converted. If present, it converts them to the XMP format.

To view the .lrtemplate preset files, go to Edit (Win)/Lightroom (Mac) > Preferences > Presets tab and click Show Lightroom Presets Folder.After conversion, the new XMP presets are saved at the following location:

(Win) C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

(Mac) ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharma​

I'm having the same problem. I've recently updated to LR Classic 7.3.1, which is supposed to fix this issue as described here:

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 not converting all the develop presets (.lrtemplate) to XMP

However, none of my user presets across many folders are converted - I can only see the built-in presets. Here is an example of what I see on each launch:

2018-04-30_10-20-04.png

Specifically, 100% of the presets in this location are not able to be converted and are not showing up in LR Develop module:

2018-04-30_10-25-34.png

Here is my list of available presets:

2018-04-30_10-27-48.png

None of the preset names nor folders contain any forbidden characters as defined on the page linked above. I even tried to create a new preset and add it to the "User Presets" Group. When I clicked "Create," I got no error, but the preset was not shown and it doesn't exist in the User Presets folder in my .../Appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets/ path.

2018-04-30_10-31-37.png

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for bringing it up here. The Lightroom presets are being written to a location that requires Full read/write permissions for the usergroup you're logged in with(including Admin). Could you please navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, right click on Lightroom.exe file and run the app as an Administrator?

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

That shouldn't be an issue, as they are in my own profile directory and I have full control access. I'm also using my profile as an administrative user.

However, I did try "Run as Administrator," and got the same error when Lightroom tried to convert the presets on startup.

Any other ideas?

Edit: Adding a view of "Run as Administrator," and my file permissions for both Develop Presets and for User Presets:

2018-04-30_13-23-14.png

2018-04-30_13-19-17.png

2018-04-30_13-19-46.png

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, while waiting for an answer,  also check (if you havn't already) that 'SYSTEM' and 'Administrators (MIKE-DESKTOP/...." also have Full Control permissions. (and a computer cold re-boot)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC,

Confirmed, "Full Control" for SYSTEM and Administrators.

Also confirmed that a complete power down and back up didn't have any effect.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

You have Creative Cloud, so I presume you have Photoshop (& ACR) installed.

Can you open a (raw) image with Photoshop (not from LR)  and in ACR create a new Develop Preset.

This Preset should also then appear in Lightroom after you start LR.

This might prove your system is working correctly, or not!

And while in ACR- Do any of your presets appear there?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC,

You're definitely on to something, although I'm not sure exactly what. ACR gives me an error when I try to create a preset, although it's "unknown." Here's what I see in ACR (no user presets visible):

2018-05-04_10-01-33.png

Here's what I see when I click on "New Preset" at the bottom of the Presets panel. Note the intended target is the Set called "User Presets:"

2018-05-04_10-02-49.png

And when I click on "OK," Kaboom!:

2018-05-04_10-03-03.png

So, I'm getting somewhere, I just don't know where I will submit this as well to the link Akash prescribed above.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have figured out my problem, although it's likely unique to me and not indicative of any underlying bug needing attention.

Lightroom now stores its converted presets in a common folder under the Camera Raw folder tree, separate from the Lightroom tree. My problem was with the Camera Raw folder in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Adobe, not the Lightroom folder.

I had set up my Camera Raw and Lightroom folders there as symbolic links to a folder in my Dropbox hierarchy, so I could share presets, preferences and settings between computers. Somehow, in the latest round of CC updates, the Lightroom folder symbolic link was converted to a regular folder, but the Camera Raw symbolic link became corrupted. Once I removed the link and replaced it with a valid Camera Raw folder, all was then well with Lightroom and with ACR!

2018-05-10_20-45-26.png

I'm glad to have it sorted, and sorry for any confusion I may have caused!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, The problem was that I couldn't find AppData folder in user name folder ( C:\Users\[user name]\AppData....)

Somehow it turned as hiden file after last update. I have it sorted out now by pressing 'show hidden files' and it was shown again. Thank you very much for your response guys!

Ps: it was lightroom cc version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom CC app doesn't even have "Open Presets Folder" option. When I click the 3 dots next to Presets my options are Create Preset, Manage Presets, and Import Presets. Why is open presets folder missing? I clicked on Import presets to see if it was the same option but it didn't take me to the user presets folder! How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 'new' Lightroom-CC app is different to Lightroom-Classic.

And you will not see an "Open Presets Folder" option from the three dots.

However File Explorer/Finder can search and locate the .XMP preset files.

My Windows-10 laptop finds my (Lightroom-CC) Presets in a folder like- 

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\dbbo2ef0ddd44aeae8\cr_settings\

The "Import Presets" option will not show the User presets location either. This option is intended for you to find 'new' presets that you want to add. These could be in any folder, eg. the Desktop, or a folder extracted from a .zip file of purchased presets. Only you will know where this folder is located.

And you may benefit by asking questions about Lightroom-CC over in the forum-  Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but how can i arrange my presets in a specific folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create A NEW "GROUP" FOLDER by-

1. Create a New PRESET (It can be anything at all )

2. In the [Group] field- Click the drop-down menu and choose "New Group"

3. Name this "New Group"

Now you have a Group Folder where you Drag and Drop any Presets from the User Group.

Repeat to create as many 'User' Group folders as you need.

Do not 'empty' a user Group or it will disappear from the Presets folder (ie. it cannot be a Group without any contained Presets)

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into a issue close to this. Trying to load some presets into lightroom. I’m supposed to go to The preferences folder, then to the preset folder, but theee isn’t one anymore. When I go into the application folder, theee isn’t any folders on the inside, just the app. What is happening here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to load some presets into lightroom. I’m supposed to go to The preferences folder, then to the preset folder, but theee isn’t one anymore. When I go into the application folder, theee isn’t any folders on the inside, just the app. What is happening here?

First, verify you have LR 7.5 (the most recent version) by doing Help > System Info. Don't assume you're on "the latest", since Creative Cloud not infrequently fails to actually update LR.

Then, the easiest way to import presets is to use the Import Presets command in Develop's Preset panel, as shown here:

No need to mess around with folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I actually figured it out on accident shortly after. Over thinking stuff on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import Presets command was just introduced in 7.5, and it's a little hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am in the new Lightroom CC and my user presets are missing. I don't understand how to find them with the steps given because I am not in the Lightroom Classic CC, I am just in Lightroom CC. I am so lost. Can you help me??

Brittli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am in the new Lightroom CC and my user presets are missing. I don't understand how to find them with the steps given because I am not in the Lightroom Classic CC, I am just in Lightroom CC.

If you're trying to move your presets from the old LR Classic (the desktop-focused version) into the new LR CC (the cloud-focused version), see this article: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/sync-presets-profiles-lightroom-classic-mobile/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, another weird thing, my LR CC mobile app still has those user presets, but my desktop does not. I'm wondering if that is because i have not updated my app.

Brittli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, but I am in Lightroom Classic.  None of my previous presets appear, not even the built in ones that come with the program.  It's like they are locked; they just won't open. When I click the little arrow that expands the presets directory, nothing happens.  I know they are still on my computer.  I have gone through the directories.  I have spent hours to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, but I am in Lightroom Classic.  None of my previous presets appear, not even the built in ones that come with the program.  It's like they are locked; they just won't open. When I click the little arrow that expands the presets directory, nothing happens.  I know they are still on my computer.  I have gone through the directories.  I have spent hours to no avail.

As the most important first troubleshooting step, do Help > System Info and copy/paste the first ten lines here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my preset folders are missing too.  They are on my computer, but not showing up in LR Classic. 

Here's the info requested by johnrellis on July 9 in response to a similar problem experienced by another user

Lightroom Classic version: 7.4 [ 1176617 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.16299

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.8 GHz

Built-in memory: 16338.6 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16338.6 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 524.3 MB (3.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 684.5 MB

GDI objects count: 613

USER objects count: 1926

Process handles count: 1807

Memory cache size: 281.2MB

Internal Camera Raw revision: 976

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 38MB / 8169MB (0%)

Camera Raw real memory: 38MB / 16338MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 120 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (23.21.13.8816)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Library Path: E:\2017 LR catalogue\2017 LR catalogue.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\cuff1\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Canon Tether Plugin

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines