• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving files based upon changed EXIF Date?

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has someone come across an extension, plugin or script which will move images within a Lightroom catalogue based upon it's EXIF Date? I will say upfront that I'm not looking for a treatise on how the images should have been treated or what strategy is needed gooing forward - these photographs are from a community group and not a professionl organization. I just need to put some organization around their collection.

I have a catalogue and realted images that were imported willy nilly into one giant folder. It comprises files that are from cameras and from flatbed and slide scanners. While the camera images have some basic metadata the remainder of the images have EXIF dates reflecting the scanning dates and not the original dates taken and there ar no Keywords. To complicate the matter, hundreds of the images have virtual copies, stacked copies and numerous adjustments. I would like to preserve that information along with adding Keywords and correcting the EXIF Dates.

I have solved the EXIF date problem using the most excellent jb Capture Time to EXIF plugin and I've added the Keywords. If I export the catalogue images, I lose the virtual copies, stacked copie linkages and numerous adjustments. 

TOPICS
macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know about Plugins, but you can do something like what you want in the LrC Library-

1) Choose [All Photographs]

2) Do a Metadata search for [Date] (heirarchial)

3) Select photos from a selected date (eg. 1980)  [Ctrl+A]

4) Create a new sub-folder that will receive the moved photos- [Right-Click] a 'Parent' folder-

5) Check the option to [include selected photos]   (Selected photos automatically move to the new folder.)

5) Repeat the procedure as required.

2022-12-06 13_40_38-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2022-12-06 13_41_20-.jpg

2022-12-06 13_41_42-Create Folder.jpg

Lightroom Queen did a blog article on thie topic-

REARRANGE FOLDERS AS DATED

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. My biggest problem occurs because the storage hierarchy is Year>Month>Day, so moving files manually into that structure is nearly impossible with a Catalogue I'm trying to put structure to. It might be the only way to do it however . . . I don;t look forward to manually moving al these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines