• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving images from external hard drive to NAS drive

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move thousands of raw images from an external hard drive (which is full) to a NAS drive via Lightroom.  I want to keep all Lightroom links and edits.  I'm on a Mac, OS Catalina.  I am dragging the folders, in Lightroom, from the old drive to the NAS drive, but each time I do it, it only moves the first image in the folder.  All other images show on the new drive in Lightroom but all have exclamation marks and do not appear on the drive in Finder.   I contacted Adobe via chat and was advised to update Lightroom to the latest version and give it full disc access, which I did, but I'm still having the same issue. A couple of folders with only 6 or 8 images have since moved successfully, but folders with 100's of images do not move successfully.   Can anyone advise what the problem might be and the best way of moving all my images from my old drive to the new NAS drive?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Follow the instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location". https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Maybe this Blog article will help explain the methods for you-

MOVING PHOTOS- 2 Methods

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location". https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.  I've fallen at the first hurdle.  It says 'copy your photo folders into their new location using the tools provided by the operating system'.  The 'Copy' command is greyed out when I try to copy a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your operating system won't let you do a copy??? What operating system and version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha...I was trying to copy via Lightroom, but I realise now, it's suggesting to copy direct from hard drive to hard drive and then redirect Lightroom to the new folders.  I was hoping to avoid doing this, but maybe it's the only safe option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this Blog article will help explain the methods for you-

MOVING PHOTOS- 2 Methods

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much Rob - very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines