• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving the OneDrive folder between drives without losing Catalog link

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Light Room Classic for a number of years.  My current photos reside orgainized in folders on OneDrive located on a HDD. I want to move them to an SDD on my computer but am wondering if the catalog will recognize the change. I know if you move a folder using LR it will recognize them no problem. But it appears that in order to keep the cloud syncronization happy with OneDrive you can't move it using LR. Any help on this would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

I would copy the OneDrive folders from the hard drive to the SDD, and then in the library used the option in the left-hand panel to update the folder location and simply point Lightroom to the folders on the SDD. If the folder structure is organized such that everything is organized within one master folder with subsequent subfolders you would only have to update the location of the master folder and everything would be taking care of with a single location update. After you have completed the u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Thanks Jim! Worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would copy the OneDrive folders from the hard drive to the SDD, and then in the library used the option in the left-hand panel to update the folder location and simply point Lightroom to the folders on the SDD. If the folder structure is organized such that everything is organized within one master folder with subsequent subfolders you would only have to update the location of the master folder and everything would be taking care of with a single location update. After you have completed the update and verified that everything is working correctly, you could then remove the images from the HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim! Worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines