• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving to new Apple M1 Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m using the Apple Migration Assistant to move my Lightroom Classic, maybe also called Photograpy Plan, to a new M1 mac.  I will then strip all data off my current mac to give it away.  The license concerns me, will it transfer to the new machine automatically with Migration Assistant or do I somehow have to deactivate on the old machine and somehow transfer to the new computer?  Thanks for any help you can give me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES.

Assuming that your migration did transfer all of your files and applications, you'll then be able to start up ACC, sign in, and you'll be good to go.

You are allowed to uses of your Creative Cloud use so go ahead and make sure that you've got everything working on the new computer. Then, after you're satisfied things are good, than sign out of your old computer.

To Log out of the ACC app (that cloud thingy in your menu bar on the right side). After you open up the application, on the left side you'll see that you're in the Creative Cloud. Then in the Help menu, you'll see "Sign out." Than, once you've done that, you're good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're better off installing Lightroom Classic afresh since Adobe recently released a version which runs natively on the M1.

https://petapixel.com/2021/06/08/adobe-launches-native-apple-m1-support-for-lightroom-classic/

For a detailed step-by-step, see

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines