• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple copies of Lr catalog on hard drive

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to free up space on my iMac hard drive. I seem to have multiple copies of my Lr catalog taking up lots of space. Do I combine them? Delete some of them? Who can walk me through a solution? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LRC forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are zipped copies of backups or actual catalogs referencing images. If the former, go for it; delete. If they are actual catalogs referencing images, you need to be very careful here. 

What you can always do is use the Export as Catalog command (select all image) then Import as Catalog to combine but again, I'd open each, view them, see what they reference and maybe make screen captures of what is referenced before doing anything further. 

Lastly, get a larger HD! 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines