• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Lightroom versions

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10 PC shows four versions of Lightroom installed in the Apps list as follows:

Lightroom installs.jpg

I'm suing Lightroom 6.13 (an old stand alone version of Lightroom).  Can I safely uninstall LR 3.5, LR 4 and LR 5 without affecting the functionally of my LR 6.13?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, once Lr 6.13 has all your work.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I only retain the current year's photos in my LR catalog.  I have many years of backups of the RAW files and the xmp files that go with them.  Thus, it seems that I can uninstall LR 3.5, 4 and 5 and still be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be possible to use Lr 6.13 to import the Catalog files from 3,4 +5 into Lr6.13.

If the images are still in the original folders this is possible.

Provide additional details and help in the forum should be available.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also may like to un-install all of them (3,4,5,&6.13), then install v6.14 from this link-

Lightroom 6 End of Support

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.14 only added some new cameras.  I don't need it.  I uninstalled 3.5, 4 amd 5 and all still works fine.

Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link Rob posted will not be available for ever so it would be a good idea to download the installer and keep it safe in the event you ever need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines