New computer, no old folders

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I posted something and I did get an answer on email from dj_page. I do not find my question and answer (a tutorial in English) on this Adobe Support Community. I will go on on this way. Hopefully this works.

I am not sure the tutorial is applicable. I hope it is. When it is applicable, I wonder whether I have to follow part 1 or part 2.

I purchased a new laptop (windows 11). The salesman installed windows and transferred my folders with photos from the old laptop to the new one.

After installing LRc again on my new laptop, all my old folders from 2017-2022 are gone in the LRc Library. No thumbnails (whatever this is) or ? and ! badges the tutorial mentions. Moreover I wonder which photos I have to use: RAW (CR2 and CR3), DNG or TIF (recently purchased DeNoise).

When I have to go on as described in the tutorial, I wonder what is meant by "folder context menu". How do you call this in Dutch and where can I find this menu?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After installing LRc again on my new laptop, all my old folders from 2017-2022 are gone in the LRc Library. No thumbnails (whatever this is) or ? and ! badges the tutorial mentions.

The wrong catalog file has been opened. You will have to search for all files whose name ends with .LRCAT (using your operating system's search feature, searching all disks) and open each one to see if it shows the folders you want.

When I have to go on as described in the tutorial, I wonder what is meant by "folder context menu". How do you call this in Dutch and where can I find this menu?

Based upon your description above, I don't think you need to do this now. If you need a context menu, it appears when you right-click on something (such as a folder name in LrC), or whatever the Mac equivalent of right-clicking is.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines