• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New MacBook Pro - can't locate my LR Catalogs

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new MacBook Pro since my old one crashed, but the hard drive is still accessible. I cannot locate my LR catalogs. I save all of my photos on an external hard drive.

I was told that Apple can clone my old MacBook to my new one. Will this help? Or is there another option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find infomations about moving LR to a new computer.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

In this article you'll find infos about location LR catalogs

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/merging-catalogs-1-identifying/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, see if this link helps. It has a video tutorial from Adobe Evangelist – Julieanne Kost:

Move LR to a New Computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to locate your LR Catalog the easiest approach is to use Spotlight to search for files with an "LRCAT" extension. This will show the Lightroom catalogs you have generated and also the backups. These can be copied to your local harddrive and placed on your new Mac Book Pro,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By default Lr creates catalogs in the Picture folder. Unless you specified a different location, or moved your catalog, that’s where you will find it. The pictures folder is found in the Username home folder. When Lightroom creates a catalog, it actually creates a folder by the same name. When moving a catalog to a new location, you need to move the entire folder, not just the .lrcat file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines