• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

newly installed LrC fails to launch on 2nd opening

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Creative Cloud and suite of apps including Lightroom Classic v 12.2 on a new MacStudio with M1Ultra chip. I was able to open the app and catalog first try. I did some edits and round trips through Photoshop. I closed the app and saved the catalog. A few hours later I attepmted to reopen LrC and the program just hung and would not open. I forced quit and tried again, same problem. I tried a reboot and tried a differant catalog, still no dice. I then uninstalled LrC and discarded the preferences, then shut down and restard the computer for a fresh install. LrC still hung up on launch. Are there any known bugs or issues with this version?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forced quit and tried again, same problem.

When LrC is launched, when a catalog is created or opened, a lock file gets created. The lock file exists as to prevent a catalog from being open in more than one instance. When LrC properly closes that lock file gets deleted. If you force quit LrC, or LrC crashes, that lock file does not get deleted. If the lock file exists, then LrC will not open the catalog. In theory you should get an error message, but maybe not.

Now this does not answer your initial problem, but as you forced quit, check for it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

be very very careful to delete the correct file.

. I closed the app and saved the catalog.

Please expand on that, the and saved part, the catalog does not get saved upon closing, it is a database that gets altered with each and every edit.

on a new MacStudio with M1Ultra chip.

So MACOS Ventura, did you give (when prompted) LrC full disk access?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines