• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity level for masks

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the power and functionality of the new Masking tools, one feature needed is the ability to fade the effects of each mask with an Opacity slider--just like in PS with the layer opacity setting.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

In the Mask Adjstment panel, upper right, click on the triangle, this will switch the panel to the amount slider.

MaskingWrongPanel2.png

MaskingWrongPanel3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Mask Adjstment panel, upper right, click on the triangle, this will switch the panel to the amount slider.

MaskingWrongPanel2.png

MaskingWrongPanel3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks for that tip, @GoldingD . I had not idea it was there. I've wanted to use that functionality for years. I googled a lot and never found it. Is there an Adobe page that documents it? Does 0 mean full strength mask and positive numbers some multiplier, while negative numbers a fraction of 100%? It's strange that the numbers go from -4 to + 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently that one has hidden in plain site for years. I learned that it has existed for hears when I requested that the slider be part of the mask adjustment panel instead of requiring the above click on the triangle, Other members responded as such in my Idea I posted requesting it be incorporated as a part of the mask adjustment panel, instead of behind the panel

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-masking-various-masks-amount-slider-on-pane...

I have not used it. I just stumbled upon it. But perhaps this link:

https://jkost.com/blog/2018/12/using-the-amount-slider-with-creative-profiles-in-lightroom-and-camer...

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiO8mlIQDwQ

(a bit old)

P.S. That triangle is causing accidental problems for many members. typically they find that the entire photo gets edited after applying a mask, turns out they clicked on that triangle, then did not notice they were making adjustments in the Basic Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, talk about not discoverable or intutive.

Where the heck is it in ACR?

Apparently that one has hidden in plain site for years. I learned that it has existed for hears when I requested that the slider be part of the mask adjustment panel instead of requiring the above click on the triangle, Other members responded as such in my Idea I posted requesting it be incorporated as a part of the mask adjustment panel, instead of behind the panel

By @GoldingD

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't exist!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rob_Cullen wrote:

Doesn't exist!

Thanks, that the two are not on parity with each other is odd.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that background. Yes, hiding in plain sight. The interface is non-intutive, but I'll take it. So much better than fading the individual adjustments to get a milder version of my presets. Thanks again for so swiftly teaching me that tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines